Brine vs. Mysis

Deberber

Hello, I feed my fish frozen brine shrimp and occasionally target feed my corals with it. I'm just curious if mysis or some other food choice is better. The fish or pajama and firefish. I target feed my duncan occasionally and also hammer. Thanks.

Brine has very little nutritional value. Imagine yourself eating cardboard. It'll fill you up but does nothing for you nutritionally. PE Mysis is what you should feed, along with a couple of other foods. Frozen, pellets, flake. I rotate throughout the week.

I use a bunch of different things. In my fridge/freezer right now is live black worms mysis frozen formula 2 brine a frozen algea and seaweed for the tang also have some fish frenzy

Funny thing is, if you look at the nutritional analysis on the back, there isn't much difference between Hikari Mysis and Spirulina Brine - just sayin'

My fishes dont like mysis . Every time I feed them mysis they will eat very little. How can I make them eat more? With spirulina brine they will eat like a pig.

My fishes dont like mysis . Every time I feed them mysis they will eat very little. How can I make them eat more? With spirulina brine they will eat like a pig.

All fish will eventually eat PE mysis, well all except the smallest gobies. It took several months but even my garden eels eat pe which is almost as large as their heads and they are afraid of everything.

Firefish, small wrasses, chromis, clownfish ect have all taken to pe for me.

When a fish is right out of the ocean I will feed brine to get them eating but after that I rarely feed, pe probably consists of 80-95% of the food I feed my fish with the exception of tangs and other fish that eat nori or other veggie based foods.

All fish will eventually eat PE mysis, well all except the smallest gobies. It took several months but even my garden eels eat pe which is almost as large as their heads and they are afraid of everything.

Firefish, small wrasses, chromis, clownfish ect have all taken to pe for me.

When a fish is right out of the ocean I will feed brine to get them eating but after that I rarely feed, pe probably consists of 80-95% of the food I feed my fish with the exception of tangs and other fish that eat nori or other veggie based foods.

My fishes like pellets even more then mysis. We don't have PE mysis here, we have hikari mysis.

I make my own food. I get fresh ingredients from the market like salmon, scallops and shrimp (not frozen). Then I add some PE mysis, Krill and brine. After which, I add spirula flakes and garlic solution and freeze individual portions.

When I thaw, I add Vitamin C and serve.

It takes me a couple hours a month easy to prepare the whole thing, but I like playing around in my kitchen.

Back