bristleworm

glitzyone

bristleworm: keep or not keep
I searched it on the web and get mixed reviews.
When I moved my stock over frrom the 6 gal to the 28 gal I saw about 4 in the bottom of the 6 gal. I have seen at least two in the 28 gal.

good scavengers and they help keep the sand bed clean ... Chris has a good analogy for them ... think of em like earthworms in your tank ... you wont ever have more than you have food for them in your tank ... so if you start seeing a lot you're probably feeding too much apart from that only pull em out when they get huge

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14751300#post14751300 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Cabin3tGuy
good scavengers and they help keep the sand bed clean ... Chris has a good analogy for them ... think of em like earthworms in your tank ... you wont ever have more than you have food for them in your tank ... so if you start seeing a lot you're probably feeding too much apart from that only pull em out when they get huge
great thanks Jason

How old is your Sand Bed?

I had them in both my old 55 and more recently my 20 nano. They can become rather prolific, so my opinion is: stop them while you can.

Personally speaking, if I see even one of he little buggers in my “newer” 120 (est. August 2008), they will become drafted into the "NFL".

Not.
For.
Long.

But they shouldn't be harmful, if you opt to keep them. Some folks like them. They're just a little creepy looking en masse.

ok so while I was adding stock two worms ( at diff times) shot out red like dust. Did they just poop on me? Weird worms. :eek:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14756330#post14756330 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by glitzyone
ok so while I was adding stock two worms ( at diff times) shot out red like dust. Did they just poop on me? Weird worms. :eek:

NO, NOT THE RED DUST!! You need to get to medical quarantine quick. They may have to amputate. :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14756330#post14756330 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by glitzyone
(The personal restraint I'm exercising right now is almost unbearable Malissa....)

Back