Brown growth on signapore angel ?

PCguy21

In Memoriam
I have a signapore angel i got awhile back and ut had this mark on it when i got it. But it was much smaller. Now its getting bigger.

Its brown color and sticks out. Like a wart and its getting bigger. He doesnt seem to be bothered by it and eats and swims around normally.

Any ideas ?

Screenshot-20190505-222609-Video-Player.jpg

20190505-223125.jpg

Uronema is a prime suspect for these kind of ulcers. Lets hope its not uronema because it is a pain in the rear to get rid off.

Its getting bigger and bigger.

Problem is ive seen urenoma on chromus it leaves red marks.. this is like brown and its bigger today then when i took this pic.. its weird.

And this fish was in cupramine and hyposalinity. So if it was urenoma shouldnt uronema have died ? I wish i kmew what it was. I dont want this fish to die from it. It was in hypo and cupramine for like 3 weeks. It got bigger in that.. Now its in furan 2 because my yellow tang got a bacterial infection. and i noticed this fishs wart or brown ulcer is changing rapidly in furan 2.

So if antibiotics. Hypo and copper didnt cure it.. then what the heck is it....

Tbh i feel like trying to catch this fish and using a soldering iron on it to burn it like you would a wart.. i know that sounds bad but ive done that to a hermorraging fish who got attacked and it saved his life.

Last edited:
Well i know this sound brutal but i took a flat tip clean soldering iron and burned the wound by dapping it. Dab dab dab not holding it. Gave the fish a brezther in water.. then repeated 2 more times i got in the wound around it. Fish seems to be fine. Swiming around the tank like normal.

Brutal i know but nothing im using is working. So i figured ill try to burn it. Hes back in atibiotics so well see in the next week or few days if this weird wound improves or not

It looks like a bacterial infection to me as well. your best course of treatment would be using a trifecta of metroplex, kanaplex and furan2 for a min of 10 days. Aerate the water heavily since antibiotics tend to rob the water of oxygen. a 90 min bath in acroflavin or Rally will definitely help as well.
the metroplex will also treat uronema. (Hypo and copper will not treat uronema).

Its getting bigger and bigger.

Problem is ive seen urenoma on chromus it leaves red marks.. this is like brown and its bigger today then when i took this pic.. its weird.

And this fish was in cupramine and hyposalinity. So if it was urenoma shouldnt uronema have died ? I wish i kmew what it was. I dont want this fish to die from it. It was in hypo and cupramine for like 3 weeks. It got bigger in that.. Now its in furan 2 because my yellow tang got a bacterial infection. and i noticed this fishs wart or brown ulcer is changing rapidly in furan 2.

So if antibiotics. Hypo and copper didnt cure it.. then what the heck is it....

Tbh i feel like trying to catch this fish and using a soldering iron on it to burn it like you would a wart.. i know that sounds bad but ive done that to a hermorraging fish who got attacked and it saved his life.

I dont think copper can kill uronema on/in fish. To my knowledge only metronidazole works against internal uronema infections. You can try adding metronidazole to the food you feed. I think seachem has a "kit" for binding drugs to food.

Yeah uronema forms red (bloody) ulcers on chromies, but on tangs it form white ulcers. So the actual ulcers might depends on the skin structure of the fish. I dont know it is uronema for certain, but ulcers that dont heal always make uronema a suspect.

Back