Bubble Algae & Aiptaisa issues

Yeah Its a copperbanded butterfly it ate all my aptasia but ate all my feather dusters!! I guess pm me if your interested. Other problem you live far. :(

did it nip at anything else for you? zoas, softies, lps, sps, anemones? I may be interested.

Last edited:
titan 99 could you please tell me what you have in your tank as far as corals and anemones. I may be able to pick this up next monday or so since I will be home all week and can watch a potential problematic fish. I have read up on this fish and to be honest Im scared to put it in my tank but would love to have the aiptasia cleared. I have lots of sps frags, zoas, rbta, candyliactus nem, frogspawn, leathers, and so on. I would rather not lose any of those to a muncher. Dont really care if it eats the few feather dusters that are in the tank. Thanks. PM me a price and I will think about it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12907309#post12907309 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by whyamisofly
I know that I will have to put it out for a couple days.....just not sure how many, ha ha

I know a guy who threw his infested aptaisa rock in his yard for the whole winter and after he cleaned it up and threw it back in his tank they came back. I would try harder to find hungry emeralds for the bubble and peppermint for the aptaisa. I had the same issue and bought 10 emeralds and 4 peppermint and fed the tank sparingly for a week and they did there job.

How long have u have the peps and emralds in there for whyamisofly? In my 55 my emeralds took care of the bubble algea in a couple of weeks (got 4 in there and there was alot of bubble algae) and my peppermints took care of all of the aiptasia in about 5 or so monthes (think i got like 3 or 4 peppermints in there, dont know how many are still living lol, one rock had tons of them on it)

Back