Bubble King Skimmer Club

No it would not because the venturi line is not restricting at all due to the size of it. If the venturi line was the size of the ozone line, then you opened up the larger ozone line, then yes. So in other words, the skimmer will draw the same amount of air whether you use both lines, or the single venturi line.

The Gen 1 has a stock volute that's been bored out for a larger water draw and custom venturi with a short pin impeller. The Gen 2 went to a long pin impeller that forced them to build a custom volute with custom venturi. The Gen 1 180 and 200 and not able to be upgraded to a Gen 2.

The Gen 1 has a stock volute that's been bored out for a larger water draw and custom venturi with a short pin impeller. The Gen 2 went to a long pin impeller that forced them to build a custom volute with custom venturi. The Gen 1 180 and 200 and not able to be upgraded to a Gen 2.

Jeremy, Thanks for the info. What is the optimal water depth for a BK Mini 180 Gen 2? The skimmer compartment on my sump keeps the water at 8 inches. I thought I read somewhere that the optimal level was about 6 inches.

Jeremy, Thanks for the info. What is the optimal water depth for a BK Mini 180 Gen 2? The skimmer compartment on my sump keeps the water at 8 inches. I thought I read somewhere that the optimal level was about 6 inches.

Hi urbaneks,
6 inches sounds bit low.
Ideal would be 8-9 inches.
I have mine at about 9 and boy it does a great job.
Some pics for reference....
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2022954&page=8

Happy Reefing!!

You could run it at 6" and it will still work fine, although it will work better in that 7.5" - 8.5" range.

Just part of the internal venturi, and actually creates the air draw. It's more self explanitory if you look at it from the back side while it's removed from the body. HTH!

I was wondering what the difference in the SM 250 from a few years ago, and the one with the new RDII pump? Is there a difference in performance?

I have my mini 180 gen2 in about 7.5 inches of water. I have the stripline at the mark and getting a good foam, but I want to skim alittle wetter. How much above the line can I go?

Also, if I can get the foam to the stripline is there any advantage or benefit to increase the water depth the skimmer is in?

Hi Jeremy

I have the Mini 160. is it better to clean the cup daily or just weekly. is there any advantage to either way?

thanks

@ccradr, The RDII pumps were actually discontinued and they're back to the RDI pump now.

@DBSAM, just close the wedge pipe a little more to raise the water level inside the skimmer chamber. This will allow you to skim more wet.

@shaggss, If you can keep the neck clean on a daily basis that would be idea. That's the purpose of the self cleaning heads, to keep that neck constantly clean. Having said that, it's not going to kill your skimmer performance. Just clean whenever time permits and you'll be fine.

Just bought a slightly used Supermarin 200 for my upcoming 195 SPS build...should be here in the next few days. . I tried searching through this thread but can't find the optimum sump depth for this skimmer. Having a custom sump built and wanted to be able to give the fabricator a skimmer depth for this anticipated beast.

Thanks in advance.

Back