Bubble King Skimmer Club

I have never used Weldon 4 before, so I can't really say. You're just trying to seal acrylic to pvc, so whatever Weldon would recommend for that.

Thanks for your reply. The weldon 4 worked perfectly. For future reference, the only difference between 3 and 4 is the amount of time you have to work with it and the curing time. 3 cures faster than 4.

I currently have a BK mini 200 Gen 1. Lately the pump started to sputter while in operation and occasionally completely stops. Since this started I have cleaned the entire skimmer and pump but the stuttering has not stopped. Is there something I can do to fix this or is this a sign that the motor is going out? Any help would be much appreciated.

@psulion, Just leave it where it's at, don't make any changes. If for some reason it eventually to start to randomly overflow and you can't dial it in by the wedge pipe then I'd suggest moving it down to a lower sump depth.

@urbaneks, thanks for the info on that, I appreciate it! Glad to hear it worked out for you.

@Rockman_1, it's most likely a motorblock going bad. These blocks can last anywhere from 5-7yrs on average, until it's time for them to be replaced. I have seen them last longer, and just a few shorter.

@Rockman_1, it's most likely a motorblock going bad. These blocks can last anywhere from 5-7yrs on average, until it's time for them to be replaced. I have seen them last longer, and just a few shorter.[/QUOTE]

I am interested to know if you sell the motor blocks?

Hey Jeremy,

I got the 250 Supermarin and lost the o-ring at the bottom of the red standpipe - is that a replacement part I can order?

Hi all,

I just joined the club with one of the least mentioned Bubble King: Deluxe 200 Internal. Currently it is dry, since my 120 g aquarium is in the planning phase. It is a 54" * 32" * 18" (h) peninsula style with a total water volume of approximately 200g.

Can you help me about water levels it require since I'm planning the sump? The manual in the Premium Aquatics page says 20-25 cm, but it is a general manual for all Deluxes from 200 to 650. Any experience particularly Deluxe 200?

Hello,
I am starting an NPS nano tank, which will have only about 150-200 litre. The tank will be heavily fed to keep up with the demand of all NPS corals.

My question is which Bubble King skimmer is best for this. My other tank is using Mini BK 160 and I like it. But for this tank, I want to try double cone 180 if possible.

Here are some of my questions for now:
- What is the required sump space for BK Double Cone 180?
- Will BK Double Cone 180 be too big for the system?
- What is the performance comparison between Mini and Double Cone?

Regards,
Karn K.

Hello,
I am starting an NPS nano tank, which will have only about 150-200 litre. The tank will be heavily fed to keep up with the demand of all NPS corals.

My question is which Bubble King skimmer is best for this. My other tank is using Mini BK 160 and I like it. But for this tank, I want to try double cone 180 if possible.

Here are some of my questions for now:
- What is the required sump space for BK Double Cone 180?
- Will BK Double Cone 180 be too big for the system?
- What is the performance comparison between Mini and Double Cone?

Regards,
Karn K.

Anyone know where i can find replacement foam for the air intake muffler? I took my mini 180 apart to clean it and the foam disintegrated. Now the skimmer is very loud without it.

@Robin, will give you a call back in a few moments!

@birdman1979, don't run any foam in there. The noise is still hardly noticeable with no foam, plus it doesn't clog as easily and you don't have to worry about cleaning it as often.

Quick question guys. Where can i find a replacement for the hex screws that attach the plastic white housing to the pump?
I was doing some maintenance on my BK 180 and after 3 years, I finally managed to strip one hex screw!!!!
Thanks for ANY HELP

What is the correct orientation for the bubble plate on the Mini skimmer? It can pivot on its mounting point to the pump and I don't know what the correct position should be.
Should it be;
1)placed dead center, 2) pushed flush to the output pipe side of the body 3) pushed flush opposite the output pipe side of the body

One other question my skimmer is kinda oversized for my tank, its a mini 180, tank is about ~80g, was wondering what the ideal depth would be for a medium stocked tank with this skimmer.

thanks

Quick question guys. Where can i find a replacement for the hex screws that attach the plastic white housing to the pump?
I was doing some maintenance on my BK 180 and after 3 years, I finally managed to strip one hex screw!!!!
Thanks for ANY HELP

Anyone?

Back