Bubble King Skimmer Club

On the 300 try running the water level at the top of the cone neck to start. That will most likely be pretty wet, but you can always adjust from there.

Need to replace bearing and impeller

Need to replace bearing and impeller

Hello,

I need to replace my bearing and impeller on my red dragon 600 for my BK mini 160 gen1. Can someone provide me with a part number or link on PA to purchase.

Thanks,
Jer

Need some help and recommendations guys and girls!

I've owned a BK 400 EXT now for the past 2-3 years, it has two pumps, RD2250 and RD2500 on it. I recently had an issue with the 2500, I took it apart to find the impeller broken. While I had the skimmer off line (3 weeks max) the other 2500 stopped pulling air for some reason? I checked the impeller, spins as it should and the motor runs fine.

So a couple questions for you

What do you think the problem is with the 2500?

I'd like to get them both serviced professionally, does Royal still do this? Anyone have it done? What was your expirence with it? Price? Turn around time?

Thanks for your help.

Have you tried to see if the airline tubing or the nipple on the venturi is clogged? (where the airline connects to the pump) It will build up with salt creep or calcium precipitate. Also check the silencer for salt creep.
For the broken pump i don't think it will be a quick remedy as it might have to be sent from Germany if proline does not have them in stock.

Hey everyone. I just got my new SM 250 and was wondering how one might clean the air riser tube? I see that they don't disassemble like the deluxe models and was thinking couldn't we just syringe some RO water down the top and it will clean out the crud that accumulates over time cause this thing is sucking 2400liters/air/hour!!!

Thanks!
Nate

Those mufflers have sponge in them, so you don't want to do that. They will come apart, just take a razor blade and run it along the seam of the cap. Work it all the way around and you will be able to get it apart.

ok thanks Jeremy. What does royal exclusive expect us to do if they didn't build them to come apart? Design flaw on their part?

thanks again,
Nate

They are designed to come apart, just like the Alpha's where you need to run a blade in the seam since it's such a tight fit. This takes away the need for a screw, etc. Just run a razor blade in that seam and work it loose, and you'll be good to go. They are not glued together, but press fit.

All, I'm in the market for a new skimmer and I'm leaning towards a BK. My display is 112g and I have a 30g sump on the tank. My total water volume is right at 100g. I've been researching the BK's and it seems like I would want want of the 3 models listed below.
Can anyone tell me the major differences between these 3 skimmers and share their opinions on which one is the best unit?

Bubble King 180 Cone Skimmer
Bubble King Supermarin 200 Protein Skimmer
Bubble King Mini 180 Gen 2 Protein Skimmer

I would suggest going with the Mini 180. It will be more than enough to handle your system and have a very small footprint in the sump. On top of that, it has the best collection cup design of any skimmer ever made in my opinion, which makes it an absolute breeze to dump and clean the cup.

Back