Bubble Magus Curve 5 stopped working

Mokelelasi

Hi!

I bought a second hand Bubble Magus Curve 5 and it worked really well for first few days. However day before yesterday it stopped working all of a sudden. I gave it 20 hour bath in vinegar-water solution but the pump still doesn't start when plugged in. The pump doesn't make any sound at all. Any ideas?

Had my Curve 7 around 4 years when the pump stopped working just before Thanksgiving. I couldn't find the problem at first. Finally, after a VERY close inspection, I found a hairline crack that I believe led to a leak and deterioration inside the motor block. Seemed to swell ever so slightly, although I don't think it was that way when it first crapped out.
After some debate on replacement (and lot's of Black Friday sales), I finally ordered a new pump and good as new. Part of me wanted something new and cool, but common sense won out.

20 hr bath in vinegar and water is too long in my book. Have had several problems with leaving things in vinegar solution too long!! Causes everything to swell up and weakens other things, WWC just puts there pumps in for less then ten minutes to clean them.

Just a quick note. Should the impeller go "straight into the middle? Because the magnet always pushes it to the side of the hole.

Back