Burning Candles A No No?

I had a roomate 15 years ago that would sit and do bong hits in front of my DT, no ill effects that I could tell.... Curiously though, The fish were a lot hungrier afterwards, pretty laid back as well.

I love how this thread turned into a joke LOL because a lot of requirements that people say for this hobby truly are a joke. I think this hobby because it is so expensive, people are very protective and don't want anything to happen. We use special materials and extra care for certain things, when really none of it really makes a difference. Manufacturers have just gone ahead and taken advantage of this over protectiveness and made stupid products and things that people actually buy and say is mandatory.

After all this talk I am gonna climb on top of my tank and let one hang. See if I can find any fish plugging there nose.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12198278#post12198278 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Chago09
I love how this thread turned into a joke LOL because a lot of requirements that people say for this hobby truly are a joke. I think this hobby because it is so expensive, people are very protective and don't want anything to happen. We use special materials and extra care for certain things, when really none of it really makes a difference. Manufacturers have just gone ahead and taken advantage of this over protectiveness and made stupid products and things that people actually buy and say is mandatory.

After all this talk I am gonna climb on top of my tank and let one hang. See if I can find any fish plugging there nose.
you just need to wander the country and see the variety of tanks... I have seen some that I think might just fit what you suggest with livestock in them.. Others, pristine .... Tell me, would you rather live in a run down trailer house or a 4500sq ft ranch home on the ocean?

I take extreme measures to make my tanks happy when I could just make sure they are full of water and fed.... I think mine looks better than most when it comes to conditions for the fish/corals..

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12198313#post12198313 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Randall_James
you just need to wander the country and see the variety of tanks... I have seen some that I think might just fit what you suggest with livestock in them.. Others, pristine .... Tell me, would you rather live in a run down trailer house or a 4500sq ft ranch home on the ocean?

I take extreme measures to make my tanks happy when I could just make sure they are full of water and fed.... I think mine looks better than most when it comes to conditions for the fish/corals..

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I am not saying keep poor husbandry. Although I have heard many people say things like the original poster saying you shouldn't use candles in the room with a reef tank. you shouldn't smoke in a room with a reef tank. You shouldn't wash utensils you use to work on your tank with tap water. Everything should be washed with RO water. Like seriously those things are all non sense. I can't understand why people would wash utensils and tools with RO water but then they go jump in the shower???? doesn't make sense to me

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12198421#post12198421 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Chago09
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I am not saying keep poor husbandry. Although I have heard many people say things like the original poster saying you shouldn't use candles in the room with a reef tank. you shouldn't smoke in a room with a reef tank. You shouldn't wash utensils you use to work on your tank with tap water. Everything should be washed with RO water. Like seriously those things are all non sense. I can't understand why people would wash utensils and tools with RO water but then they go jump in the shower???? doesn't make sense to me
you forgot the bio suit and gloves that wrap around your shoulders.... :lol:

I am way way to lazy to be that good to my tank.. ro/di, weekly water changes, and just basic husbandry here... no more than 1 or 2 hours a week tops.. (and usually less)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12198944#post12198944 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BurntOutReefer
does it matter what you smoke?
Ha! long time no argue there :)

I try to keep my crack smoke out of the tank....

Oh, I NEVER spray the Febreeze in the direct vacinity of the tank, just in the other room where the dog's crate is. I was just saying that you can smell it all over the house. Yeah, I would think it could have some harmful chemicals in it, I am careful to never spray in the same room.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12194739#post12194739 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reeferhabit
pmolan- that is a good question. I have been smoking in my house as long as i have had the tank. My tank is thriving, so either my fish dont notice the smoke or they enjoy it as much as i do.

love that avatar!!!:lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12198207#post12198207 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ultimatemusky
I had a roomate 15 years ago that would sit and do bong hits in front of my DT, no ill effects that I could tell.... Curiously though, The fish were a lot hungrier afterwards, pretty laid back as well.

-I wonder whether it promotes growth or has any effects....:D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12195118#post12195118 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NewFish3
SEE...Thats what Iam saying.....She will NEVER say it....She will allways blame it on the dog or the fish.......WOMAN dont fart....LOL

Now now don't forget you're married, ask you wife if you can say that first ;)

and NO women do NOT do that! It really is the dog ;)

Back