Buying on line?

chocolates mom

I have kind of given up on my LFS.. The last 2 fish I bought from them had ick. They keep the fish for a day and if it eats they sell it right away and I think it is too much stress for the fish. If I buy on line I will be skipping one supplier is that right? Can anyone recommend a good on line company?

You should do a search in the vendor experiences forum. I've gotten most of my fish locally, so I can't help much.

I've used saltwaterfish.com and liveaquaria.com. Both worked out good. The fish looked great and healthy. I use a long acclimation with online since they are stuck in a bag in a box for about 20 hours.

can they / will they ship across the border? i'm not sure about live product clearing customs and stuff. but also the shipping is huge, i checked liveaquaria for some powerheads and they wanted $80US to ship to canada ( opposed to $9 anywhere in the US )

You'll have to contact the vendor. I thought international shipping of livestock required special permits, but I might be wrong.

Back