buying red macro algae online

Milez803

Hi,
New to the macro algae scene, anyone can recommend some good site to purchase diversity of macro algae collect. Seem like not much people sell macro algae anymore beside being chaeto. Thanks in advance.

Milez

Seconding Gulf Coast Ecosystems (live-plants.com) all the reds in my system came from them.

What kinds did you get and did you experience any turning white/deteriorating a few days after putting them in the water?

How low/high did you plant them?

Gulf Coast Ecosystemss (live-plants.com) was much better than reef cleaners. The plants all came in tightly closed bags with water completely filled. The plants looked amazingly healthy.

With respect to macro on eBay, good luck. Insufficient quality control.

That and the price per size is horrendous. I've gotten macros from the major eBay macroalgae dealers and they always fail to meet expectations (misidentified, super small, ready to die immediately). The worst are hobbyists trying to make a buck and using uninformative trade names.

What kinds did you get and did you experience any turning white/deteriorating a few days after putting them in the water?

How low/high did you plant them?

I got multiple varieties of Graciliaria, red grape, dragons breath(I think). I tried them in multiple different areas, the red grape died after a couple days, both varieties of Graciliaria are doing well, the thick branching variety grows like a weed! Has to be pruned on a regular basis or it overshadows my caulerpas.

Back