Ca, Mg, Aiptaser

neuroslicer

Old School Reefer
If you're adding two part solutions to your tank to maintain calcium and alkalinity, I've got bromide free anhydrous calcium chloride available available at a fraction of the cost of commercial products. Also have magnesium chloride flakes. Will trade for frags. If you've never done it yourself, I'll provide easy to follow instructions. Next if your tank is overrun with green star polyps or blue clove polyps, I've got the answer to that as well. Lastly, I've got a new DIY Aiptaser if zapping Aiptasia is your thing!
We fish you a Merry Christmas!
Neuro

If you're adding two part solutions to your tank to maintain calcium and alkalinity, I've got bromide free anhydrous calcium chloride available available at a fraction of the cost of commercial products. Also have magnesium chloride flakes. Will trade for frags. If you've never done it yourself, I'll provide easy to follow instructions. Next if your tank is overrun with green star polyps or blue clove polyps, I've got the answer to that as well. Lastly, I've got a new DIY Aiptaser if zapping Aiptasia is your thing!
We fish you a Merry Christmas!
Neuro

What's your solution to blue clove polyps? My cousin's tank is starting to be taken over by them.

I used one packet of fenbendazole (aka Safe-guard 4 canine dewormer, 222 mg) to treat my 125 gallon reef. The blue clove polyps had reached unmanageable levels. Treated for 5 days with no chemical filtration or skimming and then did a 20% water change. It eliminated the polyps completely over the next several days, also got rid of the green star polyps. Didn't hurt any of the hard coral (sps, lps) or fish, killed my gorgonian and some of the hermits and snails, not all. What followed was a spike in waste levels (of course because of the massive die off), and then a massive growth in algae. But with continued water changes, and carbon and GFO filtration and skimming, I'm back down to low waste levels and the algae is gone. It takes patience but it's well worth the time to get ride of these pesky critters. The fenbendazole is available at any pet store or I can sell you one of my remaining two packets for cheap. There are several discussions of this remedy on reef central if you search for other's experiences.

Back