CADE 1800 S2

Rovert

Premium Member
Just getting started with a new tank after a 10+ year absence. At first, I had doubts about spending so much on a tank, but the AIO appeal and overall quality of the build was too hard to ignore.

Caveat, for those of you who are thinking about a tank of this type, be aware that it took me 6 friends (and a lot of beer afterwards) to get it uncrated and into place. Make no mistake, moving this bad boy was some serious business! The stand with sump is 375 lbs. the tank alone is 500 lbs. That's no small thing.

Overall, the quality of build, and the fit and finish is as fine as anyone could wish for. This is no 'box store' deal. Having already had a few spills and splashes, I can't speak highly enough of the foresight to design the all aluminum and glass construction of the stand. This thing was built to last.

Just received a delivery of 200lbs. of live rock from Dan at Gulf Live Rock. As expected, even with counter-to-counter air freight, there's going to be a fair amount of of die-off since air cargo handlers don't prioritize this sort of thing, but I think it's going I the right direction.

Once the rock settles in a bit, I'll start with some NSA aquascaping. I think this amount of rock is very much "right-sized" to the tank, showing enormous and abundant life and a variety of sizes and shapes enough for as much creative design as I'm capable of.

Keen eyes will observe the in-stand LED light strips from Ikea added to help see what the heck I'm doing. A cheap and effective upgrade.

I'll keep y'all informed along the way of progress. Wish me luck!

Attachments

• 20220611_122620.jpg
    20220611_122620.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 30
  • 20220611_143251.jpg
    20220611_143251.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Plenty of foam in the tube so we know it's working.
Started with only the one (red devil) pump, foam didn't get beyond the top of the main chamber. The moment I added the rock, that's when it started foaming up. Turned on a 2nd pump and have been waiting for the cycle to complete - probably going to be a fair amount of die-off to skim away.

For those who appreciate such things, here's a quick video of 200# live rock from Dan at https://gulfliverock.com/

Thanks for all your help!

Started with only the one (red devil) pump, foam didn't get beyond the top of the main chamber. The moment I added the rock, that's when it started foaming up. Turned on a 2nd pump and have been waiting for the cycle to complete - probably going to be a fair amount of die-off to skim away.

For those who appreciate such things, here's a quick video of 200# live rock from Dan at https://gulfliverock.com/

Thanks for all your help!

Yea that is great rock. Our LFs drives down and picks up rock from them and brings it back and puts it up forsale. The life is amazing, I got several corals on mine..
I have used it several times. Only downside is the shapes are a little bland and the rock is a little heavy.

The leather on the left is not with it. But man all the different macro algae.

20181108_164140 small.jpg

Back