Cade Peninsula Reef 2S/P 1500 (210 gallon) build

CasperOe

It's finally happening! :eek:

After a couple of years planning, it would seem we are ready to take the next step in our reefing-journey!

Coming soon: A major upgrade from our current Red Sea Reefer 170 to a Cade Peninsula S2/P 1500; an Australian beast of a peninsula tank with a total system volume of 210 gallon! 🐠 This setup will be SPS-dominant with some LPS scattered around for the missus to happy!

We are very excited indeed and cannot wait for it to be in place in our living room in Scotland.

Firstly though, our floor needs reinforced- and a couple of additional circuits to be made for the electrical supply. ⚡

We have, mostly, settled on below equipment and have started to buy some of it as well. Recommendations for alternatives are welcome; especially on flow and light.

Aquarium: Cade Peninsula Reef 2S/P 1500 (210 gallon)
Light: 3 x Neptune SKY LED (... two might just be enough!)
Return Pump: 1 x Neptune COR20
Heater: 2 x D&D Titatnium 650w (controlled via Apex)
Flow: 2 x Neptune WAV (…or should we go MP-60’s?)
Skimmer: Deltec 1500i DC
Dosing pumps: Red Sea ReefDose 4
Filter Roller: Red Sea ReefMat 1200
Carbon/GFO: Aquaforest Media 110 (via a manifold)
CO2 Scrubber: H2o Universal
UV Sterializer: TBC
Controller: Neptune Apex / Trident with various flow, optical and leek sensors
Monitor: Seneye Reef for ammonia and PAR (because we have one already!)

We cant wait to share the journey with you guys – and will definitely be asking for advice and opinions along the way!

As for the fish- and coral stock; research is still ongoing to fill the full water column with compatible and amazing fish! If you have a similar size setup- please do share your thoughts! 🙏

Have a great weekend!

Sounds like a great plan! I don’t have anything nearly that size but my advise is I wouldn’t just stick with the tenius craze right now but go for some classics like Tyree Red Dragon, Purple Monster (if you can find it), and maybe an Efflo? Just thoughts

Sounds like a great plan! I don’t have anything nearly that size but my advise is I wouldn’t just stick with the tenius craze right now but go for some classics like Tyree Red Dragon, Purple Monster (if you can find it), and maybe an Efflo? Just thoughts
Thanks Shane- I will definitely look into those; and if nothing else then just for being able to flex those names when going through my stock list with my mates :p

For the flow, I definitely recommend MPs, they've been great on my tank and the nutrient export mode is perfect for SPS.
Thank you for your feedback! :) Are you running a peninsula-style setup? I want to whatever I can to avoid having any cords, powerheads etc. on the 2.5' front-facing viewing pane keeping it all on the back panel :unsure:

I was thinking of 4 x MP40's or maybe 2 x MP40 and 2 x MP60.. The struggle is real :ROFLMAO:

Just bought a CADE 1800 myself! Looking back at my last tank - a 72g bowfront and cabinet - I'm very impressed by the design and overall build quality. Are your impressions the same? Have you had any difficulties?

Attachments

• 20220611_122620.jpg
    20220611_122620.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 28
Back