Calcium Reactor recommendations needed

650-IS350

Hello All,

Due to long work hours and busy schedule I'm not able to follow my manual dosing schedule which is affecting the tank. I usually dose 2 part, but now I'm rethinking and might bite the bullet and get into purchasing a Calcium Reactor system.

I'm looking into purchasing a new calcium reactor system that is more like an all in one and relatively simple to use. I really don't want to purchase a calcium reactor, then have to purchase other supporting equipment for it like , different manufacture pumps, regulators, bubble counters etc. But not opposed to doing so if I really need to.

My preference for the reactor is to have a built in pH probe holder and have a built inpump already with it.

Mind you that this tank is only a 37 Gal tank that is SUMPLESS, I run a HOB skimmer ( Aquamaxx Cone S HOB). I don't have a lot of SPS but would like to eventually keep some, current process isn't SPS friendly. Figuring a Cal Reactor would help with that.

To go back to my question, I'm looking for a good All in one Cal Reactor recommendation but no looking to break the bank on a monster set up as I don't have plans on upgrading to a much larger tank in the future.

Currently, I'm looking into Korallin C-1502 Calcium Reactor Package includes; C-1502 Calcium Reactor, AquaMaxx Dual Gauge Professional CO2 Regulator, 5 lb. CO2 Cylinder (Empty) and CaribSea 8 lbs Reactor Media.

I want a reactor system I can have external from the tank that I can sit in the cabinet under the tank along with my other aquarium supplies.

Other reactors I'm considering are the following: Not my primary pick as they are not complete like not having a pump, built in bubble counter or other needed aspects of performance.

Bubble Magus C150-1AT Calcium Reactor

AquaMaxx Star Nano Calcium Reactor orAquaMaxx cTech T-1 Calcium Reactor
GEO 6x12 White Calcium Reactor with Sicce Syncra Pump

Would like your opinions as I'm a novice when it comes down to Reactors. :thumbsup:

GEO gets my vote. Built like a tank by a really nice guy in the USA that answers any question you might have.

I'm trying to stick with something small footprint as I really don't see myself upgrading to a larger tank in the future and if I did, it would be bigger than a 50-60 gal. Nothing larger than that. So it has to be small enough to fit in the cabinet of the tank which is probably 24x24.

I'm leaning toward this http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/fi...tors/korallin-c1502-calcium-reactor-package-2

But do dig the Nano reactors
https://premiumaquatics.com/product...HkUMQUFGD5KosJ_wkA0jIvStVnmN_LQPcAaAlWP8P8HAQ

https://fragtasticreef.com/aquamaxx...krfDg4heAzh348JHt0DQMd94ZrMcznZ1-AaAmEK8P8HAQ

I might get flamed for this, I thought about the same thing but for a smaller tank IMO a doser is a better way to go. GHL Doser 2, to be exact.

The geo would be way way too big for 30 gallons. It was way too large for my 60 gallon sps frag tank.

The 612 is rated for 200g. My Vertex is rated to 264g. I'm running it on my 40b with no issues. Key is the Masterflex peristaltic pump feeding the rx n the reg. I'm feeding at 10ml/min with the CO2 @ 6psi / 10 bubbles/min. Ph is at 6.95.

Kh is constant @ 9.0 n Ca @ 440.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might get flamed for this, I thought about the same thing but for a smaller tank IMO a doser is a better way to go. GHL Doser 2, to be exact.

I thought so too till I setup my CaRx. My Kh n Ca have never been so steady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's at 20 something gallons with no sump with that big of a system I'd dose also but definitely wouldn't use a geo 612. Leaves you with less adjustability in my opinion. Is doable but 30 gallon with no sump is pushing it.

I use the Aquamaxx bigger unit on my tank. I also have a brand new original design nano from aquamaxx if you are interested. Its the one iwth the pump inside the chamber.

Sent you pm.
I do have a small Knop forgot to mention in case you look for a compact unit, regulator/solenoid as well...

The carbondoser has been perfect for me. Never one error and extremely adjustable.

Back