Can anyone recommend a mover for my tank?

cardiffgiant

I need help moving the tank for my redsea reefer 525. and just overall awkward to carry. I tried moving it with a friend of mine and it slipped and broke (heartbreaking). I will be overly caution of moving the replacement when it arrives this week.

Can anyone recommend someone in the wesley chapel area that I coukd hire to move this bad boy from my garage to the stand?

You could call North American Van Lines, Allied Van Lines, or United Van Lines. Ask them if they have any one to hire for the tank move. I used to work as a moving helper and we would get small jobs like this. How much they charge I am not sure but each moving company usually has people they call for help on moves and they might have a couple of people they could send your way.

Also sorry to hear about your last tank. That had to be quite a costly accident.

Good call. Unless there is a reputable locally owned moving co, I'll probably go that route. I was pretty heart broken when it happened, but no one got hurt and I have Amex purchase protection.

I'll do a build thread with the pics soon

Two guys n a truck wouldn't touch my 300. They did move my 150 for me though.

Rocks wouldn't touch either move request.

I checked with Coral Corral and they wouldn't touch it.

I also found another aquarium maintenance company online and they wouldn't touch it either (they wanted a service contract to maintain the aquarium).

For the 300 - I ended up hired SAM's movers and bought 4 suction cup helpers: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007VL3CB0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sam's quoted me ~$200 I think but ended up charging $250 (I think they were thinking two guys could handle it but it ended up being 4 guys and ten minutes of work. I had planned on a @100 dollar tip - so all in - I had spent $300.

If your looking for more choices - try searching for Piano movers - they'll mostly always handle an aquarium. Get a good estimate for the empty weight so they can determine the number of people they need and think about renting or buying some suction cup holders to make the job easier and no smashed fingers.

I have golden movers coming out tomorrow. I do have 4 of those suction cups. I learned the hard way that they should NOT be used on the film coated side of a large redsea reefer. Had I stayed on the glass sides only, I probably would have been fine. I'm going to use them again, but for maneuvering only, and not lifting.

You shouldn't need suction cups to move a 100g tank, 2 people can move it and 4 people would make it a breeze.

Back