Can I eat tank raised animals.

I will not eat zoas, I don't want to get polytoxinated. But do corals taste good? I wonder if grape corals actually taste like grapes. Yum.

People use aquaponics to raise Tilapia with fresh water and then use a garden as a nutrient export.

One can do something similar with saltwater. There are even edible saltwater plants (I started a thread asking about this which is also on this forum). There are some interesting points made on there.

Ultimately, I personally wouldn't keep coral as they release toxins. Only fish and a CUC of some sort.

In Krakal beach in Java people go out collecting weird barnacle things (Maybe they are anemones) and then cook them and eat them

I've eaten things stranger than cuke, though... Grasshoppers, crickets, mealworms... And..... Bull testicles. All of them taste good

... I've seen a Japanese restaurant grow their own lobsters but what about home aquariums?
Do they actually grow them there or do they rather just keep them alive until they serve them?
The really good Japanese restaurants that serve Amaebi or Uni buy them alive and keep them alive in aquaria, but they surely don't grow them there.

Agreed, I was just making sure we weren't talking about someone raising something in the middle of Wyoming or something ;)

Java is quite a big island, and if you are in the middle of it you may as well be in Wyoming. :debi:
Heck, I'm in Fremont, CA in the SF Bay Area and even without traffic it's still about an hour to the nearest beach. Dang, I wish I was still in San Diego... there I had just 10 min to the next beach...

Do they actually grow them there or do they rather just keep them alive until they serve them?

Java is quite a big island, and if you are in the middle of it you may as well be in Wyoming. :debi:
Heck, I'm in Fremont, CA in the SF Bay Area and even without traffic it's still about an hour to the nearest beach. Dang, I wish I was still in San Diego... there I had just 10 min to the next beach...
I think they just keep them alive there but I have seen restaurants that grow their own fish.

Java is full of rice fields and farms. There is a rice field just in front of my house and a small farm in the side. I'm used to the smell of cow poop and chickens and goats coming up to your lawn/front yard

Fish meat gets tasteless /bland after spending sometime in the aquarium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on the water quality and on what you feed.
You keep the fish in ****, they taste like ****.
You feed them crap, they taste like crap.
You do both and you get some really yucky tasting fish...

Back