Can I join the club...

CeeGee

at the frag swap?

Gonna come out with my two girls and pick up a few frags and thought I would sign up if possible.

Thanks,
C.G.

Last edited:

DMBillies

C.G.,

I'm glad to hear you'll be coming. We'll have a table at the swap where people can sign up for the club. You can also sign up on our website (www.mtrc.org). I don't want to talk you into signing up early if you think you want to check the club out some more before you make a decision, but there will be a raffle at the swap for those who have signed up as members in 2009 (i.e., joined before 6:00 tomorrow).

We do that as an incentive for people to renew in a timely manner to make the workload for our treasurer a bit easier to deal with and to prevent having a flood of renewals at the swap (where everyone will want to be doing stuff that is much more fun). Although the raffle is specifically an incentive to get renewals in, I am fairly certain the raffle will not be limited to renewals only.

In any case, we look forward to seeing you at the swap. I'll be the guy running around like a chicken with his head cut off :)

CeeGee

so how do I join by 6:00?

I saw where I can paypal the yearly dues but it seems that I have to mail in my application.
I actually haven't checked out the club at all but it was highly recommended that I sign up by fishdoc11 so I thought I would. I could use some people to talk to about the hobby as I know absolutely no one that keeps a tank. As a matter of fact Chris is the only person I have ever met that has one. It has been a lonely experience for me :)

AcuraCl1

You can paypal the dues on the website and fill out the application and bring it with you to the swap. That is what I am doing. I am glad to see another person from lebanon, TN. I am also in Lebanon, TN.

DMBillies

Yes, valid point on the actual application... forgot that little detail. It sounds like AcuraCl1's method will be the best. I'll have to look into making a saveable .pdf or word document with fields for filling the information out on a computer.

Or, just make a webform that forwards the data in a spreadsheet not unlike the one we maintain anyway for the membership. The saveable file I can probably make myself... the webform will require a bit of help.

CeeGee

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14168483#post14168483 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AcuraCl1
You can paypal the dues on the website and fill out the application and bring it with you to the swap. That is what I am doing. I am glad to see another person from lebanon, TN. I am also in Lebanon, TN.

I actually live closer to Gallatin than Lebanon even though my address is Lebanon. I live off of HWY 109 in the neighborhood across from Reba's "Barn".

AcuraCl1

Gotcha, I live off of Hornspring Rd in a subdivision called Plantation South. I live on the outstretch of Lebanon, I am actually outside city limits, about 7 min from lagaurdo.