Can sun coral kill little fishes?

yano

Hi
I,m observed a few of my little fishes (C. Acanthops 1inch long, and little gobies and blenies 1 inch or less) disappeared in the last weeks.
Fishes are eating before disappear, and I don,t think are crabs or mantis shrimps in my tank. (I have very few rocks, and I have not introduced new rocks)
I,ve 2 sun corals with big polips open during the night (1 inch diameter of polips when open)...is posible It can eat or kill my little fishes?
Thanks

Hi Yano,

I have not had issues with fish loss before. The tubestrea species are opportunistic, polyps I have had in the past were quite sticky when the animal is healthy and for tiny gobies like you have I dont think it would be a stretch for them to be able to capture them. Especially when the gobies tend to sit on polyps a lot. try putting your colony in a refugium for a little while and see if it stops then you know your culprit. or check pump openings, those can be death traps for such small fish.

Thanks, finally tubastrea don,t was the killer...I lost other fish with coral in sump, and no more fish dead then. (I think about it was water parameters problem)

Back