can u

bgkingd340

just wondered i have like 3 canisters that i am not using any more wanted to know if i culd remove all media from them including the baskets and use for flow and not have any detrimental effect on water quality

Yes you can. I did this for my old 125 SW tank I had setup. It worked great and did not have any negative effect the water quality of the tank. I look at this as a different way to create a closed loop system.

shouldn't be any problem. I would check inside them after a while just to see if anything is happening inside there (possibly detritus)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11668686#post11668686 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by skeletor121
Yes you can. I did this for my old 125 SW tank I had setup. It worked great and did not have any negative effect the water quality of the tank. I look at this as a different way to create a closed loop system.
was wondering how long you ran it on your system

I have a canister filter that I removed everything except one basket and put a carbon bag inside. I change bag about every three weeks but it is nice

Back