Candy Cane Coral (Trumpet Coral)

JacoboWM

SO lately i have been really falling in love with this coral. Are there any things i should know about it that LiveAquaria doesnt say. How often do they "reproduce". I have duncans and a hammer so i assume they are very similar to them....

My candy cane splits all the time multi heads at a time.

My duncans and hammers have yet to split yet but my Candy cane has split 3x.

They were my first corals, and what started as 5 heads now has over a hundred. I don't have any specific advice because even when I got a little,lazy with my maintenance these guys have flourished. They dont like heavy, direct flow or super bright lighting, but will tolerate less than stellar conditions.

I just went to a LfS and they had the candy cane there. Now they wanted 90 bucks for 3 heads. Is that a bit ridiculous?!

One of my favorites! I got 6 heads for $10 on craigslist. Hooked up. My LFS sell them for $10 a head.

Mine has over 15 heads now so 9 new over 4 months. Very forgiving coral. I keep mine in the middle of the tank in pretty bright light. I spot feed them and they can grow new heads quickly with heavy spot feeding.

A pet store I visited near Phil has them for 15 for 2 heads. Maybe I should get them there. When I saw that price today I couldn't believe it...

They grow that quick huh?

Back