Cannot win.

What size is that cube again?

We all make tank shape/size mistakes. That 92 corner bowfront was my worst choice.
It is a 90 gallon 24x24x24 cube. With a corner overlow. The stand is cheap once it gets wet the outer skin starts to warp.

Just saw this. Sorry to hear Mark. How is the tank doing? Run a buttload of carbon…. Lots and lots of carbon, and change it daily.

Btw, what brand and size powerheads do you run. In a lot of cases I can 3D print nem guards to avoid this happening again. If it’s a common enough brand/size, I could do this as a favor for you.

When my Ritteri anemone came loose and killed 40 fish, some close to 20 years old, all of my SPS were just fine.

Just as my physical abilities are fading I’m questioning next steps. I love having these two reefs.

Mark, IME, sometimes it’s best to just take a tank down and start from scratch. If starting over means tomorrow or in 10 years is whatever you feel is right for you. We’ve all been there. I will say, the few times since the early 1980’s I’ve been without a tank, I always got back in.

Any corals I have in my tank when you decide to keep the current tank going or restart you are more than welcome to.

That said, if you’re serious about closing this thread, let me know and I’ll be happy to do so.

Back