Can't Connect Through Dyndns Host

Snowsrfr

I can access my APEX through it's IP address on my laptop through the home wireless access, but when I try to connect through my Dyndns host address (via Droid X) it won't work. I have the Unofficial User Guide, but still can't get it to work. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

First, eliminate the Droid. Do you have someone with a PC not on your network that you can have try to reach your controller? If not, you can PM me or Russ and we'll try it from our systems.

Second, it would help to see your router configuration pages for your port forwarding rules to make sure that's configured correctly. Can you post them? Brand/model of router will help as some are especially nasty to get working correctly.

I had this issue with my Apex this weekend using the Droid Incredible, but it wasn't the phone at all, it was the firmware of my router that did have Dyndns built in, but it wasn't updating the Dyndns.org account. After the update of the firmware, it works as it should. Make sure your router doesn't need to be updated to support the hosting website.

I actually got it figured out! While I was away for work we had some friends watching the house and their 4 year old was caught playing with the APEX. When my wife got back everything was still up and running so I figured he had done no damage. Turns out he turned DHCP on so my gateway address that should have matched my IP addres for my dyndns.org account was wrong. Turned DHCP off, set the right IP address and it works like a champ now!

Just got in and saw your post. That's great. You know, you can set a display lock password that will prevent tampering with the display in the future. You set it via System - Display Setup - Display Password. You can reset it just by cycling the power.

Back