Can't decide on lighting

Attachments

• 62-01000-021 (1).jpg
    62-01000-021 (1).jpg
    27 KB · Views: 0
I think you missunderstood me, yes corals care about the lighting they are under but haveing the effect of thunderstorms if just for your viewing, the corals don't care.

and yes pics of your tank would be great, if you have growth shots those would be nice also.

you say your corals are growing like mad, can you explain more? how fast are they growing and what types of corals are you keeping?

I started another thread on this matter but the situation changed today.

I received my much anticipated light fixture Saturday. I was supposed to receive a 48" fixture with 2 x 150 HQI, 2 54W T5 actinic and 4 LED moonlights.

Here's what I got: 48" fixture with 2 x 250 HQI, 4 65W PC actinic and 6 LED moonlights.

I'm not real keen on the PC bulbs and had pretty much decided that I would send it back. The seller made me an offer today to give me 20% of the purchase price and keep what I have or he would be more than happy to exchange for what I had originally ordered. I guess I need to make a decision today....

Please notice the data, they are in -20cm, -40cm, -60cm and -80cm, that means data came from underwater nor under bulb in air. I think enclosed the other image will be what you are meaning-lux chart. and I don't think this supplier will always post the best readings of their unit, I noticed their packing, their user guide and their guarantee, everything is almost perfect and details care, their product looks luxury and Allumium shield, They used 3w LED chip; packing is in very thick foam with solid carton, there are so many details, chart, diagram in their User Guide, even you can DIY maintanance. and important is you can get 3 years gurantee, you can see they are how confident with their products and It is not necessary for them to be boastful.

just because it posts 20cm 40cm ect don't mean the readings were taking underwater.

i am glad your happy with the fixture and having good results though, don't take me the wrong way.

I started another thread on this matter but the situation changed today.

I received my much anticipated light fixture Saturday. I was supposed to receive a 48" fixture with 2 x 150 HQI, 2 54W T5 actinic and 4 LED moonlights.

Here's what I got: 48" fixture with 2 x 250 HQI, 4 65W PC actinic and 6 LED moonlights.

I'm not real keen on the PC bulbs and had pretty much decided that I would send it back. The seller made me an offer today to give me 20% of the purchase price and keep what I have or he would be more than happy to exchange for what I had originally ordered. I guess I need to make a decision today....

PC's do kinda suck but they will only be used mainly for dusk dawn effect so that wouldn't matter much to me. but getting's 250's instead of 150's I wouldn't matter much especally if he is willing to give you 20% of the cost back.

I need to decide tomorrow. I could always raise up the fixture if I have heat issues with the 250's. Dual 250 HQI and 4 65W PC's over a 65 gallon should be plenty of light for just about anything I would ever want. I could take the refund cash and buy a Kessil for my frag area in my sump.

This is my 135 with 6-T5s running at 8.7 amps

IMAG0056.jpg

This is with 2- 250w MH and 2 VHOs running at 4.3amps. The MHs only raise the temp 1 degree at the most.
IMAG0164.jpg

I think I wold keep it, IMO PC Actintics are the second best looking actitics ever. What I would make them do would be to send you lots of replacement PC bulbs. They do not want to have to eat the freight and you got a more versatile fixture for future upgrades.

So did you keep the Belize? I have a 150W single with T5s over a 20g and it is awesome. Almost too much light, actually. If I didn't run a chiller on that tank it would be 90 degrees, unless I had my AC on all the time.

my corals are growing like mad i own 2 sets of metal halides that now sit in a my basement as i went to all ai leds and i could not be happier ai have some monster par and leds will blow away a metal halide i think you cant do thunder storms with them you cant adjust the colors you want you are buying 150.00 worth of bulbs a year more if your using t5s two you have to run a chiller with metalhaides your electric bills are 50-60 a month at first i was like why did i spend that much money on leds i let them sit in the box for a week while i pondered if i wanted to send them back man am i glad i dint best damm investment i have ever made nothing wrong with metal i just rather have leds just my two cents

Wow dude...grammar?

I kept the 250's. I can always raise them up or get a chiller if I have heat issues. I figured I would not be limited on what corals I can keep with the 250's over the 65....which is supposed to be in later this week finally. I'm sure I will eventually get LED's but I'll let some other people be the guinea pigs and let the bugs get worked out. I'm really curious as to the dropoff in intensity of the LED's long term. In a couple years they will be fine tuned and I'll be there ready to purchase.

I am surprised he lasted as long as he did, the Mods are being very generous lately, which is a good thing.

I am thinking about getting a led setup too... I currently have a 150 halide on a solana cube. The newer kessel(?) Looks like a cannon. They say to use on tanks deeper than 24 inches. Also the ai sol blue seems great. The xr30 for $750 is going to be way out of reach for me. Or should I build a 50 watt multi chip? So many choices.

Back