Caribbean Coral Reefs Presentation at SEABay Mtg 9/16

Reefcherie

Premium Member
September 16, 2006 - 7:00pm
Guest Speaker: Dr. Thomas Carefoot
"Caribbean Reefs"

Dr. Thomas Carefoot, is professor emeritus in marine biology at University of British Columbia where he was awarded the university’s prestigious Master Teacher Award. Dr. Carefoot has written extensively on marine ecology and produced a three-part educational CD-ROM on invertebrates. He has dived and photographed Caribbean coral reefs for 40 years and is knowledgeable about marine life the world over. Don’t miss this opportunity to hear and see fruits of Dr. Carefoot’s vast experience concerning both the ecology and the critters inhabiting the Caribbean reefs.

As always, there will be frags and store gift certificates in a SEABay raffle and refreshments served! Hope to see you there!

For additional details and directions, see www.seabay.org.

Hope to see you this evening! This will be the only opportunity to hear Tom Carefoot as he no longer travels around speaking - we convinced him to make this one exception! :D

SEABay always has a raffle, but this month we'll have a used tank in the raffle! :

55%20Gallon%20Tube%20Tank_s.JPG

• 55-gallon "tube" tank
  • Oak stand and hood
  • Good condition w/ no cracks or issues
  • Must pick up in Pleasanton w/n one week of raffle

Dr. Carefoot is donating a cool invetebrate zoology CD to the raffle and he will be bringing discounted copies of his popular interactive DVD, "Biology of Caribbean Coral Reefs"

BCCR%20Front%20Cover.jpg

For more information check out:
http://www.virtualcoralreefdive.com/

I would be interested in the CD since I couldn't make the meeting, hoping to go diving in the Caribbean next year :)

The BCCR DVD will be available in the MASNA store shortly (www.masna.org). I will be arranging that when I return from the annual MACNA conference (going on right now - this year in Houston).

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8193055#post8193055 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tropoasis
I would be interested in the CD since I couldn't make the meeting, hoping to go diving in the Caribbean next year :)

I meant to post this sooner - you can order the DVD through the MASNA store using this link.. This is outstanding price for a great DVD!

Back