chaeto help

10 hrs

Seriously, it doesn't make much difference. But Chaeto grows better (IME) when it has a "rest" period in the dark. I leave mine in the dark for at least six hours.

-R

just use a photo period opposite your main tank, overlapping by about 30 min. this, in theory, helps maintain a more stable ph too.

refugium lighting...

refugium lighting...

I have 24 hours on all my refugiums... Since I have a variety of algae, this prevents them from going sexual, and it adds the benefit of full-time filtration.

most people throw chaeto out.
post on your local board, you should be able to find some for free

daniel,
i also use gracilaria, and im hunting down ochtodes for nutrient export.

Can Chaeto grow with only 6-8 hours lighting? I have 2x96W 50/50 lights on my 125 tank. I too have other 2 PC lights but they are purple and blue so i am assuming they might not help in plant growth.

Should I buy 2x96 watts 6500K power compact and change the purple and blue bulbs? Would that help better in growing chaeto and other macro algae? Thanks

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12295116#post12295116 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jamirlima
Can Chaeto grow with only 6-8 hours lighting? I have 2x96W 50/50 lights on my 125 tank. I too have other 2 PC lights but they are purple and blue so i am assuming they might not help in plant growth.

Should I buy 2x96 watts 6500K power compact and change the purple and blue bulbs? Would that help better in growing chaeto and other macro algae? Thanks
Ã"”not sure I use 6500k good growing, but my friend use 6500K/blue he said Is grow very fast. :eek2:

Chaeto can use red and blue light of photosynthetic

Back