Chaetomorpha in their main tank?

Reefadict

Does anyone put Chaetomorpha in their main tank? I have a 50gal SPS tank and was considering putting it in the back of the tank where it will be out of sight but still under lights ( 650watts of MH) Thought about putting it in the overflow box but it probably wont get much water flow. Also it this a bad Macro to be exposed to sanils. I have Turbos and astrea. Will this stuff float everywhere or will it rest down on the rocks? Dont want to add another light to my circuit, so putting it in the sump isnt an option.

I keep my astrea stock in with my Chaet, no problem for the Chaet. They simply eat the diatoms trying to grow on the macro. Haven't had any of the Turbo's in with it, so can't comment on those. As for putting in the main tank, you would want to come up with a way of containing it. The amount of water flow in the typical SPS set up will make it roll around, as it doesn't form attachments to any substrate. Possibly a small corral made from eggcrate might do the trick ;)

i keep a remote dsb w. chate. growing in it...i have a 1 turbo,
a hermit and a cucumber in there all no problm. w/ this algea...
i have feed it to the tangs, and have seen it pop up in a few diff. places in the tank. so i would be careful about adding it to the main tank...i keep mine under 65 watt p/c and it grows like a weed...i also keep it in the sump in my baffles as a scrubber..
with no light and it keeps growing...greg

Back