checking interest

Capt_Cully

I'm not sure if I can make the swap, but, I believe Tim from ABC Reefs is planning on attending.

I have 2 pieces I'd like to trade (SPS, LPS, Softies) or sell.

Med sized Monti Confusa: about 4-5 inches across:

IMG_4598.jpg

A. Formosa (I believe). Bought it as browned out frag. When it colored up I already have this one so lookin to trade. Nice sized 2+ inches w/ branching.

IMG_4597.jpg

If interested PM me and in next week or so I'll have a better idea of whether I can make it or not, or send it with Tim if he attends.

LMK

Mark

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12884425#post12884425 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SVXH6
i have a purple tang i could sell..

Do you have a pic and how much would you want for the tang?

Ahem....I thought this was MY selling thread.....

Just kidding guys. I gotta remove my offer. 2 reasons. First, if you look on URS you'll see, I had a major issue with ALL SPS in my tank last weekend. All seems to be well now, recovering nicely. But I'd hate to move stuff that's already been stressed.

Second, I thought the swap was Sundee, so I can't make it regardless.

Now I'll let you guys get back to haggling over the tang :thumbsup:

Spongodes....And the Mac's namesake is for Dr Mac I believe. After all he calls it Dr. Mac's Monti on the Pacific East website.

ah, so it's not the same. I guess I don't know the difference between confusa and spongodes but I'll have to see them and find out.

Ya know, I guess the one in the pic could be a spongodes. It doesn't seem to have a lot of ridges that a confusa should have, but then again, it does have SOME ridges. Very tough to tell, they're so close. I've changed my mind about 10 times on this one.

Gary M brought up the fact that there are so many corals that people call Monti Caps, when in reality they are some other plating species of Montipora. It's such a tough Genus to I.D. correctly. I mean this thing encrusts, has spires and, even plates out when big enough...... I don't know what the heck it is. Let's just say WYSIWYG!

I'd get raked over the coals for this... But we aren't scientist and so I don't know just particular we need to be with IDs. To me its a mustardish thing that has really cool growth, I guess that's all I need to know.

Back