Chicago Area Local Fish Stores

12,20am at night owner of Seven Seas Aquatic answering my question on facebook, wow!!!
Not that it was very important, just saw him posted something about what he just has in stock (yeah midnight update) but still very impressive.

Hey Chi town ians,

Our club, the Wiscon Reef Society, www.wireefsociety.com,
takes a tour bus every March to many of the stores mentioned in this thread.,

For those of you around Chicago, on the average day, if you want some on the BEST costomer service, go to:
Best Fish, in Milwaukee WI!!!, you'll be glad you did. The money you'll save will probably more pay for the gass you'll spend than save on on your purchases.

Good livestock store near Algonquin area?

Good livestock store near Algonquin area?

I'm in the Algonquin area looking for a good store to buy SW fish, not so much corals etc.

The 3 LFS stores here are very pricey. I had been making rather infrequent trips to Xzotic Aquatics in Bensenville (rather lengthy drive from Crystal Lake/Algonquin) but they've closed shop in December '15.

Any other relatively close stores that have decent/cheap prices on common SW fish?

i would deff. check out something fishy in fox lake. never had a problem with there live stock ever. owner is Ron. also Pet Co. on Randal, lake Geneva, and lake Zurich has some pretty good stock. And then there is allways Birds n Beasts. in CL. Pet Central in McHenry is in the pocess of moving to green st. dont know when they will be up and running

I'm in the Algonquin area looking for a good store to buy SW fish, not so much corals etc.

The 3 LFS stores here are very pricey. I had been making rather infrequent trips to Xzotic Aquatics in Bensenville (rather lengthy drive from Crystal Lake/Algonquin) but they've closed shop in December '15.

Any other relatively close stores that have decent/cheap prices on common SW fish?

I would recommend Ocean Blue Aquatics in Elgin. They have a ton of great fish that aren't very pricey.

Address: 297 S Aldine Ave, Elgin, IL 60123

hey guys don't use this very often but I have also been out of the hobby for awhile. I had a tank crash hard and it kinda set me way off course. Anyway the closest store to me was Coral Reef. Their selection coral wise is terrible, but they had an employee named Wojtek who always treated everyone right and I found out recently he has his own business and sells corals at crazy good prices with one of the nicest selections ive seen. He is definitely worth checking out. You can reach him at his site http://www.wojteksreef.net/ Not sure if links work here or not but its Wojteks reef dot net.

I just got back from "Tank it Easy".
They have a great deal, every time you spend at least 20usd you will get up to 10 gallons of their RO/DI water for free. Love their staff, love their corals, definitely worth checking out.
2 weeks ago I scored McCosker's Wrasse, this week some Butterflyfish.

Reef Plus in N Aurora is a pretty decent place. The owner's very knowledgable, well kept store, and they have a decent selection of fish, coral, and equipment.

Stopped by Reefwise this past weekend in Lisle. Really cool store. Its setup more like a warehouse with a couple of huge frag tanks with a pretty big selection and greatprices. once my tank is ready to go I'll be headed back to stock up on frags. It seemed like they had redone half of their holding tanks as their fish stock was low but the new tank setups looked awesome.

Another shop, Aqua Pro's, is about 6 miles north of Reef wise in Glen Ellyn and worth the trip if you are already at this shop. The shop appears like they have 2 parts to it, one on the street that I don't know if is open to the public, and the store itself is located in a smaller building directly behind that one. This store was smaller, but had a lot of supplies that many stores I've gone to didn't seem to carry. Worth checking out and had decent prices on things as well.

Copy of my post from another forum.
Wojtek's Reef
Went to to Wojtek's on thursday, holly cow his selection of acans, great favias, Euphyllias, zoas, chalices...
Damn I wish I had a bigger tank :)
Well worth the travel and visit.
And on top of everything Wojtek is just no nonsense guys, great to talk to, picked his brain up about reef stuff, answered a lot of questions.
Will definitely be back.
One mistake-I didnt take any pics, but he uploads enough on fb so all is good (I hope :)).

Can you share any live fish stores locations which sell Rod's Food products near downtown Chicago, Southloop or Chinatown area? I checked all Petco and Petsmart stores in the area and it seems they stopped carrying it.

Back