Chico Reef Club 1st Frag Swap

boviac

Loves Tank Builds
March 21, 2009

The swap is $10 at the door and 3 frags to enter. Sorry no paypal this time.

Club membership will be required, after all if it wasn't for the club, events like this would not happen. Chico Reef Club membership preferred (ha ha) but any other regional recognized membership will be accepted: MARS, BAR, NVS, Etc...

We are serving hamburgers. Also sodas and water will be available during lunch.

There will be no previewing of the frags.

Frag pick times will be relatively quick. Find something you like, take it, and exit.

LABEL YOUR CONTAINERS (yes I was yelling there)
Type (SPS,LPS, ZOA,Softie)
NAME
Light/flow/placement
other details....

There are no Rare/Bonus/Exceptional categories. However, in the spirit of the swap, please prune your corals and bring them in.

I'm thinking the following schedule:

Doors open at 10am-ish and close at 12pm.
Lunch/raffle 12pm
Picking will begin around 12:30-12:45pm.

Venue:
2420 Park Ave
Chico, CA

Directions:
Exit Park Ave head West - when road ends turn right
At first light make U-turn
Sternet's Martial Arts on your right.

If anyone is planning on attending, please let us know so that we can make sure and have enough food.

Kids 12 and under eat free

too bad it wasn't a gas station so we could have used:
'Kids under 12 with gas eat free!' ha ha...

I just wanted to thank everyone for a great time today My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time the swap was great and th raffle was incredible!!!! I stopped by Reef Connection on the way home and picked up this crazy blue acro frag, then went and visited Rob at UnderWaterParadise in Marysville and ran into several MARS members there=) and I ended up with some crazy pink zoas, a Beautiful Yellow Mimic Tang, and two nice big Ora False percs.. everything from the swap and both stores is doing great in my tanks=) Thanks again.. Special Thanks to Jody at Reef Connections, Rob from UnderwaterParadise and Tim(tfp) for all the beautiful raffle donations- I ended up with two chalices, a purple unknown sps, a bright green acro(Jody-ReefConnections), a huge purple Samoensis and a ORA Miami Orchid both from tfp. It was a great first swap and I can't wait to see your guys future swaps everything was really well planned out and ran super smooth..

Thanks so much Dan for the complements, coordinating with Tim and bring up his donated frags, as well as particpating in the swap yourself. It was good to finally meet you and I only regret not taking more time to talk with you and your girlfriend. I'm glad you were able to score on the other items on your trip today and support the LFS' that helped make our first swap a big success!

Thanks to Jody at Reef Connections - Chico and Rob at Underwater Paradise - Marysville for the frag donations and gift certificates. Also thanks to Dr F&S as well as Saltwaterfish.com for their gift certificate donations!

And thank you to everyone else who came, particiapted, and helped to make this, our first frag swap a success!

I wanted sent out a very big and heartwarmed thank you to Chris and April Sternet for not only allowing us to use their studio for our swap venue but also coordinated parking, posting driving directions, shopping for the food, drink, condements, etc as well as get the grill loaded up. Then arriving early to open up, unload the grill, help orgainze the setup, go back to get the food from their house, to spending about an hour outside in the drizzling, cold rain cooking all the food we enjoyed. And to top it off they were the last ones to go home. I'm sure I missed some of the things they did to further help out and I apologize but alas Thank you so very much on behalf of the club!

I would also like to thank Brian (camlov2) for volunteering to check-in the frags and sort them on the tables. as well as probably the largest raffle ticket investment based upon the number of frags he won! ha ha.

I would like to thank Jody for coordinating the frags from UWP as well as running the raffle sales and announcing.

Thanks to Shelby, Tatiana, and anyone else who helped pick raffle tickets for the winners!

Thanks to Melissa and Dan for their help to ensure the admin side of the house (finances, memberships, check-in, supplies, etc) were all taken care of.

Thanks to Kenny for bringing tables such that he saved the club about $40 in rentals.

Thanks to anyone else who helped do things on the side that I was not fully aware of!

And finally, thank you to all that came to make our first swap a success!

I sincerely hope everyone got the sense of IMHO what a swap should be - a simple exchange or pot-luck type of affair. And the beauty of it is, each coral on the table has effectively the value of its pick at that time. And even if you didn't know what a blastufomosa (yeah I did make that up) was to you, it might very well be your new favorite coral - there's no one telling you based upon a retail price what a coral should be worth - you get to decide. And like Jody told me, as much as we experienced in these frag swaps say no Green Star Polyp (GSP), the reason he doesn't have it in his store is because it sells that quickly. To each his own.

Back