Chiller Modification

Djbeasley05

My tank reached an all time high of 81 degrees today. Not a huge deal but doesn't leave me much of a buffer. My chillers internal temp probe was malfunctioning and hitting the set temp before the water actually reached that temp. After rewiring a new temp probe that sits in my sump, system is back down to 78! Anyone else do this with their chiller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was hitting almost 83 earlier this week with the higher humidity. A simple 6" clip on fan triggered by the Apex was enough to pull it back down below 82. Temp dropped almost a full degree in just a few minutes.

I was hitting almost 83 earlier this week with the higher humidity. A simple 6" clip on fan triggered by the Apex was enough to pull it back down below 82. Temp dropped almost a full degree in just a few minutes.

I would be in panic mode at 83!

Meh, 84 is generally considered the standard upper limit, but it's really more about stability, much more than a 3deg swing on a regular basis can be problematic.

My split system AC is failing and a box fan blowing cool air in the room has helped. I typically run 77-79 daily, but have hit 80-81 a couple times which isn't bad, but outside my normal range. I keep my house at 66.

Its getting muggy in my basement with the tank consistently running at 80 for the last 3 weeks. I bought a dehumidifier to see if it would help make the ac run more efficiently. I dont have a chiller but I'm thinking about a drop in one.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Its getting muggy in my basement with the tank consistently running at 80 for the last 3 weeks. I bought a dehumidifier to see if it would help make the ac run more efficiently. I dont have a chiller but I'm thinking about a drop in one.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I'm running a dehumidifier in my garage. Even with the tanks in there, it stays around 35% humidity.

Back