chinese leds

For those currently using these various fixtures, what would you recommend over a 210? 72" long x 29" high x 24 front to back. There's 2 braces on the top so I'm guessing 3 fixtures would be appropriate?? Which ones??

Imchris - 3 fixtures should do fine. As long as you have them off the water enough or use the right optics, you'll get good coverage front to back. I'm using 3 custom d120s over a 6ft 155bow, that has 2 braces and is 24in front to back at center and I'm very pleased with them.

Roger - thank you again for all of your efforts!!!

Imchris - 3 fixtures should do fine. As long as you have them off the water enough or use the right optics, you'll get good coverage front to back. I'm using 3 custom d120s over a 6ft 155bow, that has 2 braces and is 24in front to back at center and I'm very pleased with them.

Roger - thank you again for all of your efforts!!!

How deep is it? I need to make sure I get good penetration at 29" deep.

The 155 bowfronts are 24 deep, but I don't run the lights at 100% so I'd say you'd get good par numbers at the sandbed and can crank em up beyond what I do if needed.

Just figured I would post a quick picture of my reefbreeders' fixture. It's a 24" controlable model with the standard layout over a 65 gallon(63"x18"x24").

nightshot_zps385663a1.jpg

This is a shot from last evening as my lights were ramping down.

Thanks again Roger! Those lights really rock.

Ron ... I tried to PM you, but it won't let me. I'm interested in 2 more D120s, from Evergrow, if you get another buy going. I'm with ORCA and FRAG in Orlando.

Thanks,

Chip

I ordered 2 of the Taotronics fixtures off of Amazon about 2 months ago and they are great. Very bright, little to no heat and very quiet. Paid $400 for both fixtures shipped. Very worth it IMO.

Figured I would post it here instead of starting a new thread. I know when I was contemplating buying them I was looking for every and any opinion I could find on them. :)

These lights are not meant to be used within a canopy. Due to the cheap parts that are used to give the cheap price I have the following problems:

As I noticed this problem I removed the canopy from the aquarium to drill some large holes at the top to allow more passages for evaporation. As I get the light onto the counter and then lift the hood the following occured:

I now need to make a new hood that has better ventilation and is raised a bit higher to keep the lights from being too close to the water. I also have to attempt to contact Evergrow and see how I am going to fix the hangar busting off. The rest of the hanger is inside the fixture and I can't take it apart as there is a sticker that says it voids the warranty. Going to have to send this overseas -.-

Even without the issue of rust the hanger busted. I wasn't rough or anything. Just lifted the top and it snapped. I can fix it myself but I'm curious what they can do before I take it apart and void warranty. It is a great light I just have bad luck. Need to build a higher custom canopy as well with fans.

It is currently cycling and should be fine without lights. Was hoping to get good coralline spread during the cycle though. Hopefully the sponges can survive on the tampa bay saltwater live rock I transfered from my 4g. Brought a lot of color.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

I sent an email to Sunny. I'm hoping they send me a new one with a return label for my old ones. I doubt that will happen but Sunny has been nice the few times I have contacted him.

Sunny just e-mailed me and he has allowed me to remove the screws and keep the 3 year warranty. Just had to take down the serial number and provide it to him. I am going to go ahead and see if I can find a way to replace all four hangers and use something I know will hold so I don't risk another event such as that. Will be starting work on the new canopy soon.

I've heard it was a girl but I've never known a female Sunny so it is hard to think that. Either way he/she is very helpful!

I'm about to place an order for d120's and am wondering if 3 is enough for a 300 dd that will be a mixed reef or would getting 6 be the way to go.

Back