Choosing a wrasse to add...

Spencer7

The tank is SPS filled, very clean, very professional.

Display is 45g with plenty of sand and open space. 65 Total w/ a small fuge

I have a cover
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My stocking list

Garden Eel
5x Bartlett's Anthias
1x Lori Anthias
1x Lg Orangeline Cardinal

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I plan on removing two of the Bartlett's to make some room for a Purple Tilefish and some kind of wrasse. The Bartlett's are super healthy and look great, it's just not much variety as far as color and fish.

My wrasse choices are...

Kuiter's Leopard (3" Female)
Naoke (2.75")
Labouti (3")

If anyone has any WYSIWYG suggestions, can be new from a site or LFS, if someone has a nice wrasse they are looking to sell from their tank that isn't too big either, I will consider buying it. (I have been looking for a Choati's)

Please presume that I can meet the fishes needs (outside of tank size)
That will just save some time...

Thanks in advance for anyone who reads/contributes.

Alright, I hate to burst and bubbles here; just being honest.

My wrasse choices are...

Kuiter's Leopard (3" Female)
Naoke (2.75")
Labouti (3")

The tank is not large enough for any Macropharyngodon wrasse; sorry.

It's of a boardline size for C. naokoae. Some would do it; I would not feel comfortable however.

It is certainly not large enough for a C. laboutei. The reach nearly 5" when full grown (despite some of the max sizes you see published).

(I have been looking for a Choati's)
A very touchy and delicate species; definitely not something I'd attempt without experience keeping wrasses. And ultimately, needs a 75g or larger tank.

There are only a few Cirrhilabrus wrasses I would put in a 40/45 gallon tank; mainly those of the lubbocki complex. Consider wrasses of the Paracheilinus genus; they are better suited for this size of tank.

Back