Christmas Favia issues

AcanLord1

I have a nice sized Christmas Favia that has been doing fine for a couple months and suddenly it's started to cover itself in slime every night. Yesterday I noticed the skin decaying. All my perimeters are good. Not sure what's up. Any help would be appreciated. I have a few other SPS in the tank doing well. But 3 favias that just don't ever look happy. War coral, maze brain, and xmas just haven't looked happy lately. I would love to include photos but not sure how to.

You may want to try in the LPS forum, make sure to post your calc/alk/magnesium/salinity parameters.

The only time that I had problems with my Christmastime Favia was when my nitrates and phosphates had bottomed out and stayed that way. It developed gel like dead/dying tissue. The flesh started to recede exposing skeleton. Other then that it had always been a hardy coral.

The other possibility is that something may be stinging it. I have that going on now. A chalice is attacking it and the flesh is receding.

Your best bet is to follow Organism's suggestion. The LPS Forum has the refeers to walk you through this.

Good Luck.

Back