Clam growing on a snail????

Reeferz412

Coral Hoarder
I have a snail that is very much alive with 2 clams growing on it. The clams are very much alive and open and close during feeding. Is this common? They respond well to my MH fixture i have over the 20 gallon I guess. They are gettin fairly large. At first I thought it was a growth and it developed the lips of the clam and into a full clam! kinda neat.:thumbsup:

clam.jpg not sure if I got the attachment right.... but here it is. Its closed now because i wanted to show the other one but its on the other side.

Can't tell for sure, but it would be cool if it were! Try to get a better pic. It is so unusual if it is indeed two clams growing on a snail that the effort would be worth it.

No I got it from reefcleaners.org about 15 of them... the oyster isnt fully developed i think its wrapped around it.

pretty unique hitch-hiker

I had a maxima attach to a snail a few years back, went for a brief ride around the tank before I intervened

IMG00214-20100718-15572.jpg

wow thanks for identifying! I hope it gets huge lol! Ill name it the Clamburgalar if it gets big :lol2: tomorrow I will take for pics right now the lights are off but the snail is at the top of the glass lugging that shell of his around

Back