Cleaning Crew Packages

Drewcipher

Premium Member
I have always pieced together cleaning crews, but this time I decided to look at packages offered by the different online stores. Does anyone buy these things? Am I crazy or should I question why I am getting an arrow crab in what is titled a hair/bubble algae pack?

I was looking at Marinedepot, and for a 75 gallon tank, they are including with many various snails and hermit crabs, 1 cleaner shrimp, 1 lawnmower blenny, 1 serpent star, 2 sand sifting stars and 3 queen conchs.

Liveaquaria has a build your own package, but they dont offer some of the snails I want. Does anyone know of a decent package, or a place with a good selection where I can build my own?

I can't even begin to tell you that while I was doing this I was frustrated and swearing at my computer. My friends said, just get the thing and keep what you want. They were perfectly ok with letting the things we know will die, die.

So again, do you buy these packages knowing that some stuff will die?

well maybe you can find someone to share the package with. Do you have a LFS you can work with? Sometimes you just have to look far and wide to find the exact thing you want.:)

check out http://www.reefcleaners.org

They have a custom CUC form that you fill out and they piece together a CUC to meet your needs. Their prices are amazing. I got my CUC from them when I started my tank. I ordered over 600 snails (500 were dwarf ceriths) for my 180 and literally had 0 dead-loss. John is really easy going and great to deal with. They don't put anything in there you don't need. All in all, you can order what they suggest or piece together your own based on their suggestions. I know a lot of other reefers who have gone with them and had great success as well.

+1 for reefcleaners.org. Very helpful, knowledgeable, and they will build a custom crew for your setup. Prices are very competitive and shipping conditions are first rate. John will fix you up. Be sure to specify if you're a crab or non-crab type.

Back