Cleanup Crew Question

rogermccray

My 215 gallon tank will soon be done its cycle and I was wondering what people would suggest for a cleanup crew. I have purchased a quick crew from reef cleaners before but it seems like they have way more then is needed, not to mention they send more then you ask for...

Does anyone have a suggestion on the size of a CUC? I will still probably purchase for reefcleaners but was wondering what would be a good amount of snails, I don't really want hermit crabs.

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

As far as type: nasarious, turbo, astrea, trochus, cerith, margarita, nerite

+1 on these types os snails and no crabs

For my 180 I had around 40 Turbos, 60 nasarious, 40 cerit and they did a great job. If you need more, you can always add more.

Thanks for the help, the quick crew at reefcleaners for a 210 gallon says 205 dwarf ceriths, 60 nassarius, 75 Florida ceriths, 40 large nerites, and 20 small nerites. That seemed like way too much for me.

I think I will get something like 50 dwarf ceriths, 50 nassarius, 50 turbos and maybe 20 large nerites. Do you have any thoughts on that?

What do you guy think of fighting conchs? I was thinking of maybe 2 or 3 of those.

How about Dwarf Planaxis? Reef cleaners says that they will get under the sand under your LR .

Thanks for you input so far.

Depending on the type of turbo snails, (if they are Mexican Turbo snails, they are very large) I would only get about 5-10.... if that. These guys destroyed my hair algae problem and once it was gone they started dying off slowly. I keep the 4 leftovers in my refugium now and they seem to be doing fine as it's been a few months.

Thanks for the help, the quick crew at reefcleaners for a 210 gallon says 205 dwarf ceriths, 60 nassarius, 75 Florida ceriths, 40 large nerites, and 20 small nerites. That seemed like way too much for me.

I think I will get something like 50 dwarf ceriths, 50 nassarius, 50 turbos and maybe 20 large nerites. Do you have any thoughts on that?

What do you guy think of fighting conchs? I was thinking of maybe 2 or 3 of those.

How about Dwarf Planaxis? Reef cleaners says that they will get under the sand under your LR .

Thanks for you input so far.

IMO thats wayyyyyyyyy too much for a 210. Like I said, add what you estimate would work well. You can always add more.

The reef cleaners one is too much? Or mine? Or both?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

No yours seems about right. I wouldn't add all your list at once, I would add half of your list and the the remaining as I started to stock the tank. Your numbers are about right though.

Back