Clown goby not Eating

Tennyson

I just bought my first yellow clown goby after waiting for them to come in for two months. Well today they finally had them, but it won't eat flake, pellets or frozen myside. It seemed interested in the mysid, but only nibbled and now shows no interest at all. What can I do to make it eat? Could it still be adjusting? Will live brine shrimp get it going? How big should the brine be then? Big or baby sized. Thanks

Mine took about 3 days to start eating. I just kept dropping in frozen mysis shrimp and eventually he started nipping at it. After about a week he just pigs out on frozen brine and mysis.

Mine does not eat much when he does eat. I was worried about him when I first got him 3 months ago. Everything else in the tank pigs out he just grazes. Hopefully he will be fine.

Nevermind Buster and rhkingsfan.
when I was feeding my other fish, you'd never believe it, my clown goby just pigged out on all the flake!!!!! :eek1:

I am beyond happy now, :dance: :celeb1: :celeb1: Now I dont' need to feed it frozen food anymore. I am still wondering though why its eating this stuff and not anything else, the lfs specifically said that they only eat live brine and MAYBE mysid. Guess I got a special one:D

Thanks though

I fed just now, and the goby is definitely interested in eating the food, but a few seconds later, it just spits it out. I think it wants it, but for some reason it just comes out. I tried all sizes and it still comes out.

I know I should be trying real food for it but I want to entice it to flake. It showed the same behavior with brine. Could hte food be too hard for the goby?

Thanks!

Back