Clownfish and Dragonets

cornerjag

I was curious if anyone has had experience with Clownfish (Tomato) and Dragonets? I am curious if the Clownfish are 'aggressive' towards the dragonets since they tend to dwell more towards the bottom of tanks and are typically smaller. I have been considering getting another Green Mandarin and was curious what other experiences may have been with the interaction of the two?

I have watched my clown "nudge" my red scooter blenny off the rock with her eggs. It almost seemed gentle the way she did it. Never seen any aggression between them.

I have had the same experience as Lostinthedark. My Occ. clowns are extremely territorial when it comes to where their eggs have been layed. Both Green Mandarins have been rammed (not hard enough to cause death but the mandarins definitely don't go by the "nest" any more) by the clowns if they come within a foot of their "nest" and forced the mandarin's to get out of the area.

I could see all of that. I recently lost my old a-hole of a six line and was thinking that I should have a pretty good pod population and was thinking if going for a some mandarin if I find any good and healthy specimen. For the most part my tomatoes seem only interested in themselves and leave my powder brown completely alone, as I would suspect. So the big question how do you all like madarins based off of how difficult they can be to keep?

If your pod population is good, the mandarins are very easy. I also feed phytoplankton to my DT and also to the sump to encourage the pods to have additional food to encourage a healthy population.

I think 6-lines are hit and miss. I also have two in my tank and they don't bother my mandi's nor do they bother any other fish. However, I do have a 280 gal tank with 300 lbs of live rock in the DT.

I've done the same and haven't cleaned some if the glass to get an idea of what kind of a population I have for pods. I have added pods in the past with a steady supplement of phyto, I'm just worried that I may need to try and also suplement with frozen as well

How many lbs of rock do you have in your DT and what is your sump like? Chaeto? Do you have sand in your DT?

Basically, you need a lot of places where the pods and live in peace without them being totally eaten up. Your 90 Gal tank does seem larger then the minimum tank size.

Yea I have sand in the display around 3-4 inches deep and roughly 90-100 lbs of live rock and no chaeto. I think the skimmer is an auqa euro rated for 90-120g I believe. I need to double check that

Back