Clownfish death

kerrylynne

So, had a tank issue that is now resolved and one of my ocellaris didn't make it. Since it was a pair, I know the other one will turn female but how do I know once that change has occurred so I can get a new fish for the tank?

So the larger female died? I think the best you can do is to get a clown significantly smaller than the one you have now.

Sorry for your loss...Yup, get a juvie much smaller than your existing clown. btw, how's everyone at FAOIS? I lived in St. Pete for yrs. & John & Corn Nut were immensely helpful (w/ great product & knowledge, too).

not sure what FAOIS is? sorry... I haven't invested near as much time as I should have. :)
so, got a much smaller clown and the other clown and the lawnmower blenny had lunch. I think my lawn guy has got to go! He has gotten to big and just doesn't belong in a 29 with not more green algae left to eat...
Once he is gone (LFS return/exhange) - will try another small clown.

FAOIS=Fish And Other Ichthy Stuff, a great LFS in Oldsmar well worth the drive from S.P. What LFS are you using?

Fancy Fish (Tyrone/BayPines area) is at the end of my street - less than a mile away. They have been really good with advice and goods / livestock so far!
I have heard of FAOIS - thank for the clarification! Been meaning to check it out but it is quite a hike from me.

Back