Clowns and Anemone

jonto

Hello everyone and a Happy New Year!
In the next couple months I want to get a couple Clowns and a good hosting anemone. I've done a lot of reading and its not as easy as it seems. My MAIN problem is what anemone to get.
I currently have a Haitian Reef Anemone, Condylactis spp ( Carribean) and a Long Tentacle Anemone - Green, Macrodactyla doreensis (Indo Pafific). These are really growing and I read that they are not very good for hosting, might even eat the clowns if they host at all. Also have a BTA that is really growing well but has short tentacles.

So upon reading it looks like a Magnifica may be the best bet, or Ritteri Anemone. I want some thing with long tentacles where the clowns can intermingle with it. A Sebae also looks good but info says its not so easy to care for. I will have to buy online.

I want to get one pair of the following possibilities :
Captive-Bred Black Ice Ocellaris
Captive-Bred Picasso Percula Clownfish
Snowflake Ocellaris Clownfish, Captive-Bred

Is it better to get smaller clowns and anemone at the same time or get the anemone first and intro the clowns later?
I realize there may also be a problem with captive bred clowns hosting into an anemone.

My stock list is:
Rose BubbleTip Anemone
Blue Tip Sebae Anemone
Haitian Reef Anemone, Condylactis spp ( Carribean)
Long Tentacle Anemone - Green, Macrodactyla doreensis (Indo Pafific)
Solomon, Zoanthus spp
Fire Shrimp, Lysmata debelius (Sri Lanka)
Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp, Lysmata amboinensis (x2) (Sri Lanka)
Melanarus Wrasse
Purple Firefish Goby
Royal Gramma (2)
Springer Damsel
Tailspot Blenny
Yellow Watchman Shrimpgoby
Lawnmower Blenny
One Spot FoxFace

75gal tank on started 8/11/17
BRS Pukani(70 lbs)
Caribsea Aragonite sand
Red Sea Coral Pro Salt
Octo1000 HOB skimmer
Aquaflow 110 with Chemi-pure Blueand Poly filter
Jebao PP8 Powerhead (2)
2 Starfire led lights (with 3 channels)
RODI water

pH"¦ (Diliss Digital) "¦"¦... 8.4
kH "¦ (Hanna) "¦"¦"¦."¦"¦.. 6.9
Amonia "¦ (Red Sea) "¦"¦.. 0
Nitrite "¦ (Red Sea) "¦"¦"¦. 0
Nitrate"¦ (Red Sea) "¦"¦"¦. 0
Salinity "¦ (Milwalkee) "¦.. 1.024
Phosphate "¦ (Hanna) "¦. 0
Calcium "¦. (Salifert) "¦"¦. 330
Magnesium (Salifert) "¦. 1320
Temp "¦"¦"¦"¦.."¦"¦"¦"¦"¦.. 79.5

If it's any reassurance... my LTA host my oce. Clownfish... it took about 4 days after I introduced the nem for them to host..

My other osc. Clown (male) is being hosted by my small Rbta..

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

But will the 2 Condies create a disaster with 2 clowns. What is the best long tentacle Nem for 2 clowns?

Honestly, it depends on the clowns. Look in the clownfish and anemone forum- I believe that there is a list somewhere there that details which clown species the different anemones host. Work with what you already have- LTAs host clowns.

A mag in a 75 is not going to work long-term, and given that clowns are known to live into their 20s, this is a long-term commitment.

Honestly, it depends on the clowns. Look in the clownfish and anemone forum- I believe that there is a list somewhere there that details which clown species the different anemones host. Work with what you already have- LTAs host clowns.

A mag in a 75 is not going to work long-term, and given that clowns are known to live into their 20s, this is a long-term commitment.

^^ what @MuShu said. Not only clowns but if one tanks care of their tank and is responsible there are a lot of fish that will live well into the 20 year mark. Same applies to corals.

Back