Controller or VorTech

Controller or VorTech

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ebmorri

I have a 46gl BF with two Koralia threes, a MAG5 on a CL, and a MAG5 for a return for flow. I’m looking at buying one of two things, An Apex Controller or a VorTech. My question is which to do first, the Apex or the Vortech? If I get the Vortech I will be removing the Koralia's and the CL. If I get the Controller I would be putting my new MH light with a dimmable ballasts and all the other toys that come with it, Temp and PH probes as well as my Koralia’s and the standard other equipment.

TIA
Erick

Both are great.

Get a controller first tho. There are too many benefits to it.

Then save your pennies and get a mp40 later.

Controller hands down is more important to stability and ease of use/maintenance, but a vortech is certainly not a bad buy either.

Thanks for the input.

As far as removing the CL, just to clean the tank up a little. It is a over the top CL because the tank isn't drilled. I figured with a VorTech that would give me plenty of flow adn in reef crest enough wave.

Erick

Just figured I should say I have both. And love both.

I highly recommend the MP40 but after you get a controller.

controller first. it will hold its value longer.
there were quite a few vortech black friday deals for as low as $330 new, so wait and see the price for used ones drop.

Yeppieeeeeee, my CoralVue SE 250W Finished Pendant Complete Retro Kit w/CoralVue dimmable ballast and Reeflux 12K bulb just came in. Now it's time to look for my controller :)

Last edited:
Back