Cooked frozen shrimp?

Rob2010

Is the cooked frozen shrimp ok to use as food or do you have to use the uncooked frozen.

I have to new Anemones in my tank and I want to start them off on teh right foot.

Also should I leave a light on all the time. I have an Outer Orbit HQI.:bum: :strooper:

Use uncooked. You can freeze it and slice off bits.
No, on the light. Your tank needs night as well as day. A lot of feeding goes on in the dark.

how long has your tank been running? Anemones need good H2O and stronge lights. Good luck with them. They are very beautyfull. What try of Anemones are they?

Good feedings important in addition to strong lighting. As sk8r said, do not cook the shrimp, since the anemone derives many benefits from it being raw. However, I will caution you, unless you know the source of the shrimp (assuming it is good), then I would not use it. I have noted negative reactions with local shrimp (to Alabama, of course).

i went today and the deli counter didn't have any small fresh guy's so i went to the frozen section and found some. i didn't check the ingredients till i got home. shrimp, salt and sodium tripolyphosphate ?????? i guess i'll be eating these guys. i see people recomending silversides but have never seen any at the maket, do they go by another name?????

Back