Cooling fan and light sync

ERICinFL

Rejisturd Mimbur
I'm putting together a DIY light hood and I'm trying to find 3-4" cooling fans that run on 120v AC. I want to have my fans turn on with the same switch as my MHs. I'm trying to minimize the number of plugs and wires coming out of the hood as possible. I've tried doing a search for AC powered fans, but all I've found are 10" and greater sizes. My "Current", PC lighting system has a built in fan that comes on with the lights and I'm trying to accomplish the same end result. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

You can plug the power supply to the low voltage fans into the switched outlet for the lights.

You could use a relay setup, but this is a bit more complicated and will not really save much in the way of wiring.

If you want 120V fans look on google for "120v muffin fans". You should find hundreds of choices.

Electronics supply:
Parts Express
Allied
Digikey
Newark

Industrial supply:
McMaster
Grainger

Surpluss houses usually have them as well.
Surpluss sales of nebraska
all electronics
etc

Bean

Radio shack has 4" diameter 120VAC fans that run quiet. I have one running continuously in order to keep condensation out of the inside of the hood and off the lumanarc reflectors. power consumption is less than 20 watts.

Back