Copperband and a BTA

HABS#1

So I added a Copperband to the 75 today and it is also home to our BTA. I have read that teh Copperband may go after the anemonies how likeley is this to happen. I really like teh copperband it is probably my favourite fish but if it eats the wifes BTA it will become supper for me. So is this generally a problem or not?

The BTA is about 4-4.5 inches across and I have had it for almost a year now. The copperband is just small still about 2 inches tops.

Hi Darren
Nice to see you are still in the hobby
I have had a 3-4 inch cbb in my 30 gal fowlr/qt/everything tank for 5 weeks
There are tow bta's in there--they just split so they are small
There is some aptasia and tulip anenomes in there two
The cbb has not touched them--but is eating mysis like a little pigggy now

As with alot of questionalble reef safe fish--if you can keep them eating prepared foods then the chances are better they won;t be going after stuff they shouldn;t

I don't think you'll have a problem with the btas... smaller anemones may be goners, though.

Well there are tonnes of fan worms for it to snack on if it feels the need LOL. The trigger I had ate most of my green open brain and most of my frilly lavender mushroom and all but a couple snails and all but 3 crabs so I figured I would ask about the Copperband.

I have had a cbb for a week now. He is about 4-5". He eats everything from feather dusters to sp worms to stuff I can't see. I'm not sure if he has eaten any ap. but that is what I got him for. Just wanted to share.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12977885#post12977885 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jcollins
I have had a cbb for a week now. He is about 4-5". He eats everything from feather dusters to sp worms to stuff I can't see. I'm not sure if he has eaten any ap. but that is what I got him for. Just wanted to share.

No aptaisia in our tank our peppermint took care of the 3 we had.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12977885#post12977885 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jcollins

what other fish is it in with?

Back