COR20 shuts off spontaneously

artilespm

Every now and then my COR20 shuts off spontaneously. The led on the controller turns red. A few minutes later it kicks back on. The sump water level rises and my skimmer overflows spilling all the gunk from the collection cup into my sump. I now have to add a breakout box and float switch to shut off the skimmer if the sump water level in the sump rises. Anyone experience this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

When the light is red, there is a code that will help determine the issue based on the small speed indication lights. Here is the code list— check it out next time it occurs:

An error condition exists. When the status LED is red, one of the LEDs of 8- LED bar will flash to indicate the specific issue detected.
o The COR driver has detected an overcurrent condition (LED #1, #4, or #5 may be flashing) This may indicate that the pump’s intake is blocked or a foreign object is preventing the impeller from rotating
o The input power voltage is too high (LED #2 will be flashing)
o The COR-20 driver is connected to an APEX system but it has no
24VDC input power (LED #3 will be flashing)
o The input power voltage is low (LED #3 will be flashing)
o The COR pump is running while dry or out of water (LED #6 will be
flashing)
o The internal temperature of the pump is high (LED #7 will be
flashing)

Thanks for the information. I will keep an eye out for it. In the meantime, I'll clean it and check the impeller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back