Coral Mania reviews?

Just left, glad I had free tickets, thanks darsh, , not worth the drive imo. Faois had some nice blue torts , so day wasn't a total loss

Not a lot in terms of selections and vendor were scarce. Pricing was typical maybe it will be better next year too many shows so close. The one at Most a few weeks ago, this one this weekend and Reefapollaza in 2 weeks. It shows that the vendors really had to choose which one to attend.

I made it. Food trucks are there so it was great. Pricing and selection was typical for softie and Lps. I had great conversation with seachem and glass cages. Top self had some nice stuff but it quickly sold. Doug had some cool sps that I wanted to by but he was busy. Also there was a beta breeder with an odd section which was cool. Some fresh water vendors are present. I had to leave to get to work.

I picked up some nice Acans. And a few euphyllias.
Top Shelf corals had a great selection for about 1 hr ..lol
They got mobbed.The other vendors are willing to make deals.

Maybe it is because we have some great stores, but I am usually disappointed on selection/prices at these events.

It was ok. Ditto on the free tickets. Without those I would have been disappointed. Picked up a nice Ora purple stylo.

They had 2 raffle drawings, one Saturday at 4pm and one is on Sunday. $20 for 25 tickets. Their "big raffle item" was a frag tank. When I went around 12-1, the attendants didnt know what size the tank was or any info. I was told they were supposed to be getting a picture of it put up soon, but never saw it... Didn't really notice any raffle items that were really anything special though

Also, you don't have to stay around for the raffles to win them.

I asked if they were going to post anything and they told me they would be listing it all on Facebook but it never happened, I heard about the frag tank.

I asked if they were going to post anything and they told me they would be listing it all on Facebook but it never happened, I heard about the frag tank.

I was also told I was going to get a list of education talks and I never did. I'm sure they r busy but they need to get more organized for sure. Sad they didn't post info on raffle stuff that's a large loss of money for them.

I was also told I was going to get a list of education talks and I never did. I'm sure they r busy but they need to get more organized for sure. Sad they didn't post info on raffle stuff that's a large loss of money for them.
Were there any speakers? I was trying to find this out but found no information anywhere about speakers

This was my first show and I have to say I was pretty disappointed. Raffle items were terrible. I put all my tickets in a bucket for a gift card. Only one vendor seemed eager to sell which a friend of mine purchased from. Most of the others wouldn't even get out of their chairs to acknowledge your presence. I came to the event with a few hundred to dollars to spend and walked out with one $30 frag. I hope all coral/saltwater events aren't like this. If so, I will not attend another.

This was my first show and I have to say I was pretty disappointed. Raffle items were terrible. I put all my tickets in a bucket for a gift card. Only one vendor seemed eager to sell which a friend of mine purchased from. Most of the others wouldn't even get out of their chairs to acknowledge your presence. I came to the event with a few hundred to dollars to spend and walked out with one $30 frag. I hope all coral/saltwater events aren't like this. If so, I will not attend another.
I think it's becoming the norm because the vendors are getting burned out with so many events. From the chatter I pick up between them. I'm a spectator and I'm getting burned out on events. But honestly give reef-a-palooza a shot. Still one of the best events I have been too, vendors from out of state with some unique stuff and got some killer deals on Sunday, this year it should be bigger. Honestly at this one when I see an event get posted I just roll my eyes. The community should keep them limited to protect itself.
My $0.02

so long story short, those who went lost money on admission and it was way worse than the MOSI show. Glad I didnt go!!

Seeing a real live Spanish dancer was cool. Other then that nothing special. Having the food truck rally and the pet expo atleast made the day worth it.

Back