Coral Tank from Canada (1350gal Display Tank)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it was a battle trying to get throught to a rep at BASF;)
Did you ever get a response if the Emco88ci has any anti bacterial properties in it.

I've never heard of anti-bacterial agents in concrete so I didn't think to ask. I didn't even think it could be possible. I'll read the bag, but they didn't mention anything on the site.

There seems to be something missing in the fish room diagram - a frag tank. I actually don't remember one being mentioned yet at all, unless you are planning to use one of the mars bars for frags. With the amount of planning and time going into this build chances are pretty good that it will be a very healthy system, and a healthy system means growth, so at some point "pruning" is going to come into the picture.

Frag tank will be later once we establish how much space we need. We may have to tear down his neighbours house for a greenhouse :)

I've never heard of anti-bacterial agents in concrete so I didn't think to ask. I didn't even think it could be possible. I'll read the bag, but they didn't mention anything on the site.

That's why I found it confusing. One rep said it did and the other was not aware of it.

A company I have an intrest in patented a Biocide that is put into Gyproc which is made in Canada {prevents mold growth}
Have no idea if such is put into cement,but it would not be nice to use here if they did.

Peter, let me be the first to say- Awesome build! :lmao:

O.K I'm probably not the first but incredible job Sir

Is there any chance we could have a sneak peek at the fish list?

I just know you have one.

I can't wait to see this tank when its done. I've been following right along and it seems we're getting close to fish and coral.

Its like having a tank that the wife doesn't know about. :dance:

Thank you flameangel. You are right things are picking up speed here but I'm afraid we don't have a fish list yet. I won't have that untill I am well into finalizing my coral landscape. My plan is to inially start with the commonly accepted fish population that is found with the types of coral selected. The good news however is that I will be consulting with this community on the actual selection when the time comes.

Peter

Well after a good week of reading this thread on and off, I'm amazed by the knowledge, grit and dedication this build demands! I can't wait to see the finished product.

I've only been in this hobby for 2 years, so I can offer nothing of knowledge or know how to this thread....however the one thing I can offer is a pat on the back! Good job Peter and everyone else. I hope to learn alot from this massive monster you created.
Cheers:beer:

Thank you Burblecut. Even with the distance yet to be covered I have to admit the journey so far has been imensly rewarding from an educational point of view. This community continues to offer time and energy to this project that I cannot begin to reward except with a real determination to make all this support pay off with a fantastic tank we can all be proud of.

Thanks for your support.

Peter

Thank you flameangel. You are right things are picking up speed here but I'm afraid we don't have a fish list yet. I won't have that untill I am well into finalizing my coral landscape. My plan is to inially start with the commonly accepted fish population that is found with the types of coral selected. The good news however is that I will be consulting with this community on the actual selection when the time comes.

Peter

2 cents=
snowcasso TM a result of picasso x picasso (a. percula)

Mine
HPIM7138.jpg

The orange turns black btwn head and tail as they mature
UNO_Progression2.jpg

Doni is the only breeder I'm aware of that has these.

http://www.donisreef.com/

1# fan, the diagrams are outstanding I can't wait to complete this thread with livestock pics. Thanks for sharing and leting me live my dream threw yours.

Work Schedule

Work Schedule

Hi Peter & Co

Still loving the build and I'm glad to see some momentum being gained, is there any chance of a list of your work schedule for the next few weeks including your own imposed deadlines etc??

Cheers
Chris

Hi Peter & Co

Still loving the build and I'm glad to see some momentum being gained, is there any chance of a list of your work schedule for the next few weeks including your own imposed deadlines etc??

Cheers
Chris

Chris, we have some updated drawings which reflect a considerable improvement in flow throughout the tank. One way or another I will find a way to get them on to the thread. We will also be vetting our plans with flow experts before taking the top off the glue pot!! In any event, we plan on completing the plumbing by Fri. Or Re-plumbing to be exact.

This week we are working in the fish room to put marble around the new expansion to turn the whole floor plan into a unified bathtub. The tilers were supposed to be here today but the weather here is so nice they decided to play golf as opposed to the regular excuse of bad weather holding them back......

This week we are working on completing the plans to modify the mars bars for coral and fish management outside the display tank. We are changing the lights and refitting the sumps, filters and chillers etc.

We are having a bit of a challenge with the supply of Reef Crystals and may be forced to go to Buffalo to pick some up this week. We are ordering 100 units of the EPO epoxy identical to the product that Chinchai used for the aqua-sculpting. Apparently there are no distributors for the product in North America so we have to go to the source in the far east.

Our current plan is to start making water to begin filling the tank next week and move the aquascaping into high gear. Our plan is to complete the aquascape by the end of next week. we are hoping the sump which is being repaired will be back by the end of this week so that we can begin putting the fish room equipment sled back together. We will have repainted the surface of the sled with a special poyurethane acrylic paint that Mr. Wilson has sourced just for this occasion.

The the short answer is that Mr. Wilson and I will be sitting in front of our tank with our feet up discussing how long we should wait before adding coral within two weeks..........:bounce3::bounce3::bounce3:

Then again:bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes:

Peter

Aquascaping completed before MACNA could be steady as she goes scenario.
Peter {and Shawn}
I must say your approach is a Godsend to new hobbyists {addicts in the making ! } and for rethinks by older hands at this addiction.

hey Mr Wilson, on the remote DSB for the overflows, got anymore info on doing this? I've been thinking about setting up a RDSB for my 180 (in wall) and saw what you did there with the overflows, would that work with my setup?

DSCN0152.jpg

this is a very old pic a few years ago, but you can see both overflows are easily accessible via my fish room....thanks!

Things are speeding up! This is such a fantastic project to be a cyber-part of. Thanks Peter, Mr. Wilson, the Brothers Grimm, everybody! ;) .

Things are speeding up! This is such a fantastic project to be a cyber-part of. Thanks Peter, Mr. Wilson, the Brothers Grimm, everybody! ;) .

Knowing you are still out there just serves to fire us up to keep focused and on track. Thanks very much for the support. As you no doubt know, it is a great motivator when we can share this with ' our ' team.

Peter

1# fan, the diagrams are outstanding I can't wait to complete this thread with livestock pics. Thanks for sharing and leting me live my dream threw yours.

Thank you endlessblue, the team, I believe is really starting to gel and gain traction. Thank you for your support.

Peter

Aquascaping completed before MACNA could be steady as she goes scenario.
Peter {and Shawn}
I must say your approach is a Godsend to new hobbyists {addicts in the making ! } and for rethinks by older hands at this addiction.

crazzy, am I to assume I`m buying you a drink in Orlando or are you planning a virtual presence..............:dance:

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back