Corals and Frags

sdsheeks

Can someone please explain to me what people me when they say they want a "frag" of something. I'm assuming this means they want a piece that is living and will grow into something larger?

If so, what is the best way to get these "frags". I'm looking for something to add color to my tank.

Dave

A frag is a piece of a larger coral which has been removed or fragged. For exmaple, a group of 5 zoas is fragged from a rock of 50 zoas.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6831995#post6831995 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Andrew
A frag is a piece of a larger coral which has been removed or fragged. For exmaple, a group of 5 zoas is fragged from a rock of 50 zoas.

And they can grow still correct?

Dave

Yes. Say if a coral gets too large, then you can frag it and it won't be as large and you'r have smaller pieces of the coral. I fragged a cabbage leather a few months ago and its already doubled in size.

Dave there is a big frag swap coming up. You can find all kinds of nice stuff for a real good price.

Frag swap! Lots of Nice stuff !for a good price ? I,m a little interested in this frag swap I am hearing about ..............alright a lot interested in it! What kind of deals is there like a 10 dollar ricordia $5 .00 $1.00 I never been to one.

Back