Coris Wrasse turnes Mysterty Wrasse

RRafael

Ok so I just picked up a Corris Wrasse and after aclimating him I put him in turned around to throw the bag out and he was gone. There was gravel everywhere almost like it burrowed in into sand...are these things known to do this???
Hence the Mystery Wrasse
:(

from liveaquaria.com

The Red Coris Wrasse requires a 125 gallon or larger aquarium with a sandy bottom into which it will burrow to sleep, or if it is threatened. Do not attempt to keep the Red Coris Wrasse on crushed coral or similar substrate as they have a poor survival rate on such substrates. When very small, Red Coris are safe with almost any fish that will not eat them, but as they grow, they can become destructive. They should not be kept with invertebrates.

yes, they will bury themselves when threatened or sleeping. no worries, once acclimated sometimes a day sometimes a few days, but no worries he will be out hunting in no time

yes they also sleep in the sand at night.

One of my favorite fish

Ok so I just picked up a Corris Wrasse and after aclimating him I put him in turned around to throw the bag out and he was gone. There was gravel everywhere almost like it burrowed in into sand...are these things known to do this???
Hence the Mystery Wrasse
:(

Yellow Coris like Green Choris can get seriously aggressive when they get big. As in, no more wrasses (halichoeres at any rate....)

Back